Chapter 17: Here's to Having a Good Fucking Time

I spent my sweet ass time getting ready for the party. I wanted to look good, after all. I had a shower and blow-dried my hair to give it lots of volume, then curled the ends. I wore minimal makeup. Just winged eyeliner, mascara and peach lipstick. I changed into a short black dress with an exotic flower print that had a rather deep plunging neckline and an attached gold belt. I paired the dress with some white strappy heels, some silver and gold bangles, a chunky silver ring and a small black clutch.

When I was happy with how I looked, I checked the time. 10pm, I had tons of time to get to the party. It was probably just getting started, anyways. I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen, where once again my mom and Nila were seated.

"Are you sure you don’t want any dinner?" My mom asked, hearing me walk into the room, "I’m sure you’ll be starving lat—"

She stopped speaking once she turned to me. She looked me up and down and pursed her lips.

"You look.. nice."

"You clearly wanted to say something else, but I’ll take the compliment nonetheless," I smirked. My mom had never loved my sense of style. She always found it very provocative, which in my opinion is ridiculous.

"Wow, you look great, Jolie,” Nila beamed, not having heard mine and my mothers conversation. I laughed a little and smiled at her.

"Thanks, Nila.”

"How are you getting to the party?" My mom asked, and I looked back at her.

"I was just about to call a taxi, actually," I said, pulling my phone out of my clutch. Before my mother could say anything else, I dialed the number for the taxi service I had found earlier and pressed it to my ear. I ordered a taxi, and they responded that it would be there within minutes. I hung up and put my phone back into my clutch.

"Well," My mom sighed, "I guess all I can say is.. don’t do anything stupid."

"I never do," I rolled my eyes at her as I left the kitchen. I called bye to them both, and headed out the front door to wait for my cab. When it finally pulled up, I hopped in and gave the address to the driver.

The location of the party wasn’t too far from the lake house, actually. It was at another house about ten minutes away. I hopped out of the cab, paid the driver, and then slowly made my way towards the front door of the house.

I could already hear the booming music coming from inside. The party was in full swing, and it wasn’t even 10:30pm. I pushed the already open front door, and it swung open. I was immediately hit by the vibration of the music and the smell of alcohol. A part of me was screaming for me to turn around and run. I mean, sure, I was used to parties like this, but I usually knew everyone at them. This was unfamiliar territory.

I cautiously stepped into the house and looked around. There were bodies everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I was still standing in the doorway and already people were pushing up against me.

Ew,” I grumbled aloud as I tried to push passed the mass of people. I did not sign up for this. As I pushed through the crowd, my head shot up when I heard my name.

“Jolie!”

I looked around and noticed a familiar blonde head moving towards me.

"Kyle!" I beamed as he made his way towards me. He grinned back at me in response, and I looked him up and down. He was wearing a pair of dark red chino shorts, a short-sleeved grey button down and a pair of white low-rise converse. He looked good. Not Nash good but..

I quickly shook my head at the thought. Ew, did I really just think that?

"I’m glad you made it," Kyle boomed over the music, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I’d like to say the same, but it’s really crowded hear," I practically had to yell for him to hear me. He laughed in response and looked around.

"I have to find a friend of mine really quick," He spoke, and brushed his fingers along my arm, "Stay here. I’ll be right back, okay?"

I nodded quickly, and he disappeared into the sea of people. After a few minutes of being shoved by dancing strangers, I decided I couldn’t stand there and wait. Kyle will find me.

I pushed through the crowd, and somehow made my way into a large kitchen. Thankfully, it wasn’t as crowded as the rest of the house. I leaned against the island in the center of the room and sighed, grateful for the space. I hadn’t been at a party in so long, I almost forgot that they were this crowded. I jumped slightly when I heard someone call my name, and I turned, expecting to see Kyle. Instead, Nash was striding towards me.

"You actually came," He frowned, staring down at me, "I can’t believe you actually came."

"Me? What about you?" I said, waving a hand at him, "Why are you here? I thought you said it would be 'lame'?”

"It is lame."

"Then why are you here?"

"I just.." I folded my arms over my chest, waiting for Nash to give me an answer, "It doesn’t matter. But I think you should leave."

"It’s a good thing I don’t care what you think," I threw back at him, and he groaned in annoyance.

“Jolie, you seriously have no idea what you’re doing,” Nash shook his head at me, “You’re used to parties at home. But you’re not at home right now. You’re at a college party in a town you’re not used to full of people you don’t know.”

"Good. I was getting bored of the same old hum-drum parties at home anyway," I shrugged.

Nash breathed out heavily through his nose. I was pissing him off. Good.

He caught my wrist - rather forcefully, might I add - and tried tugging me towards the door of the kitchen.

"You’re going home, Jolie,” He spoke, and I yanked my hand away from his.

"No I’m not," I said, raising my voice, "What gives you the fucking right to dictate what I do? Because you’re Nash Grier? No! You can’t just walk in here acting like you care, for whatever fucked up reason, and tell me what to do! You can’t do that! You can’t control people like that, Nash! You’re not fucking special!

I didn’t actually expect to say all that. It came out so rushed, I wasn’t sure whether or not I really said it. But judging by the look on Nash’s face, I must have. His eyes had gone dark, and his jaw was clenched so hard I almost expected him to pop a blood vessel. What I didn’t expect was what he said next.

"Fine," He started, standing up straight, "Do whatever the fuck you want, Jolie. You’re right, I can’t boss you around. Hell, I only came here to keep an eye on you because my fucking parents told me to! I don’t actually care. Why the fuck would I care about you? Like you said today, you’re a slut. You’re a slut, and a bitch, and no matter how good-looking you are that will never change. So fuck off and enjoy yourself at this shitty party.”

My whole body went cold from his words. Did he really just say that? Did he actually just call me a slut, and a bitch? I expected him to yell at me, sure. But not say that!

My mouth was hanging open as I gawped at him, trying to process what he said. I couldn’t think of how to respond properly. I was in shock, and could slowly feel the rage building inside me.

After what felt like forever, I decided I had to respond. Rather than yell and get upset, I clenched my jaw and looked up into his eyes. His gorgeous and irritating blue eyes.

"You know what, Nash," I said, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible, "I am going to enjoy myself at this party, so if you’ll excuse me.”

I quickly pushed passed him and made my way out of the kitchen. I wasn’t very sure as to where I was going, but I ended up in what appeared to be the dining room of the house. I looked at the large dining table, and eyed the different varieties of alcohol spread across it. I wasn’t usually one to drink - and God knows I’d probably regret it tomorrow - but I grabbed a battle of a cloudy looking liquid from the table, unscrewed the top and started gulping it down.

Here’s to having a good fucking time.