Chapter 7: Not Who I Wanted to See

I was hardly able to sleep last night. All I could think about was Nash’s text. "If you build the guts to do something, you better save enough to face the consequences." I shuddered to think of what he had planned.

When myself and Nash made the bet, we swore to keep it between ourselves. But I couldn’t do that anymore, I had to tell someone. And that someone was Emma. 

When I arrived at school, I told Emma we needed to talk, which she knew meant ditching first class and going to the bathroom to hang out and chat. Only this time, we weren’t gossiping about who was whoring around with who in school. We were talking about Nash and I.

When we got into the bathroom, we told whoever was in there to fuck off, waited for the bell to ring to signal first class, and then I told her everything. And I mean everything. The whole time I was talking, Emma sat still on the sink counter top, nodding every now and then. When I finished, we sat in silence for a few minutes before she spoke.

"So, you and Nash have a bet where you have to sleep with Mr Edwards? And if you do, you get Nash’s car, and if you don’t, you have to sleep with him?"

"Yes."

"How very Cruel Intentions of you.”

"Emma," I groaned, "This is no time for jokes."

"Actually, it seems like the perfect time for jokes," She said, crossing her arms, "Because that’s what this sounds like, a joke."

"Well, it’s not," I snapped, "I did this, and yes I’m stupid, but there’s no getting out of it now."

I breathed heavily as Emma stared at me, her lips pursed in concentration.

"Well, I guess we know what this means."

I cocked an eyebrow at Emma, unsure of what she was talking about, “We do?”

"Yes," She nodded, hopping off the counter top, "You’re going to have to sleep with Nash."

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising my voice, "So, you think I can’t get Mr Edwards to sleep with me?"

"It’s not that you can’t, it’s that you shouldn’t," She said, "He’s your teacher, Jolie. It wouldn’t be right.”

"Oh, and fucking Nash Grier would be so much better?”

"Well at least fucking Nash is not illegal!"

"It might as well be, because I’d rather go to prison for fucking my teacher than have to let Nash Grier climb on top of me with his stupid, smug face!”

"Stop yelling," Emma said, making a face when she realised she had just done the same, “And you wouldn’t be going to prison, Mr Edwards would be.”

"Shut up Emma," I rolled my eyes, "You’re my best friend! You’re supposed to support and help me!"

"By letting you fuck your English teacher?!"

"By helping me win this bet!"

"Which means fucking your English teacher."

I groaned in annoyance and leaned against the wall. Why the fuck did I tell her? I should have never told her, I thought to myself. I rubbed at my face in frustration.

"Please, Emma," I whispered, unsure if she could actually hear me, "Please. Just help me.”

Emma sighed loudly, and I removed my hands from my face so I could watch her. She had her arms crossed over her chest, and a face that showed she was thinking quite hard.

"Okay, fine,” She spoke, and I grinned at her, “If you give me your powder blue Louis Vuitton top handle.”

My smile fell from my face. Of course she’d ask for something. I thought about it for a moment, wondering if her help was worth a two-thousand dollar purse. I decided that if her help could mean winning, then it was worth it. I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, it’s yours."

"Wait, really?" Emma asked, obviously shocked by my answer. I nodded again.

The bell rang, signalling the end of first period. Myself and Emma left the bathroom, and started walking through the crowds of people in the hallway.

"Now that I’ve got your help, I need you to do me a favour," I spoke, and Emma looked at me.

"Sure thing. You’re giving me an LV purse, I’ll do whatever.”

"Keep Nash away from me," I continued, ignoring what she just said,"Just for today, anyways. He’s got to be pissed with me, and I don’t want to deal with whatever he has planned."

"Okay, how do I do that?" Emma asked, stopping in the hallway. I continued walking, but turned to face her as I did, walking backwards. The hall was almost empty now.

"Figure it out, I’ve got other things to do," I smiled, "Or, another person to do, should I say."

"Smooth," Emma called after me, walking into a classroom. I laughed lightly, and turned around to walk up the hallway normally. I turned a corner, and as I did I walked full-force into someone’s chest, knocking my phone onto the ground.

"Crap," I hissed, not looking at the person. I bent down to pick it up, and as I did, another hand shot out and grabbed it.

"Here, let me get that."

I felt the blood drain from my face as I recognised the voice. I stood up straight, and turned to get away quickly, but they gripped my wrist tightly and pulled me back to their chest. I looked into Nash’s piercing blue eyes, and gulped as he spoke again.

"You and I need to have a little chat."