Chapter 20: Hello Douchebag, Long Time No See

It had been almost a week, and Nash and I hadn't spoken since that day at the diner. I shouldn't be complaining about it, after all I was still pretty pissed over what he said to me. But he wasn't even trying to get my attention, and it bothered me a little.

I had been hanging out quite a bit with Will, who turned out to be a cool guy, and I chatted with Hayes a few times. For a thirteen year old, he was pretty funny. But I had no contact with Nash. It was almost as if he was avoiding me. I was almost worried there was something wrong with him. Where was his usual douchebag attitude?

I was sitting by myself in the living room, watching tv, when my dad walked in and stood in front of me. I looked up at him and cocked an eyebrow.

"You're blocking my view of Teen Mom."

"I have," My dad spoke, ignoring what I said, "A proposition to make."

"Oh, really?" I muted the tv, "And what is that?"

"If you can hold the fort here for three days whilst Chad, Nila, your mother and I go away then you can go home early."

"Wait, seriously?" I leaned forward and stared at him, "Like, seriously?"

"Seriously."

I jumped up and threw my arms around my dad, pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you," I grinned.

"You're welcome," My dad chuckled, "But everything has to go well here before you can go."

"Okay," I nodded and pulled back to look at him, "But, why though?"

"Well, there's a potential business partner of mine and Chad's that's a few towns away, and he'd like us all to come and meet him to negotiate things. Chad and Nila don't particularly trust their boys to watch the place, and we'd need you to look after Gemma and Leon anyways."

"Okay, I get that, but still. I thought you were mad at me."

"It's not that we're mad, we just feel like we can't really trust you," He sighed, "But, if you do this then your mother and I will be able to trust you again. And you can go home to your friends."

"Alright," I smiled at him, "So, when are you leaving?"

"First thing in the morning. Your mom is telling Gemma and Leon right now."

"I need to go call Emma and tell her I'll be coming back in a few days," I said, heading towards my room. My dad caught my arm to stop me, and I looked back at him.

"You'll be okay here, right?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"It's just three days dad," I rolled my eyes.

"I know. But, you'll be alright, won't you? With the boys?"

I thought about it for a moment before answering, "Of course. I get on great with the guys."

My dad nodded, rather reluctantly, and let me go to my room. I hadn't lied. I do get on okay with the guys, apart from Nash. Well, if he keeps ignoring me, then the next three days will be a piece of cake.

***

"Are you sure that's enough money for three days? It doesn't seem like enough. Is it even a good idea to go?"

"Mom, we'll be fine," I laughed, pushing her towards my dads car, "Just go!"

Chad and Nila had already left five minutes earlier, but it was hard trying to get my mom to actually go.

"Cherise, we have to leave, now!" My dad called from the car, and my mom sighed.

"Okay," She said, hugging me, "Tell Gemma and Leon I love them!"

"You've already told them ten times yourself," I pointed out. My mom smiled at me and got in the car.

"See you in three days," She said, and I waved at them as the car pulled away. I watched until the car drove out of sight, then headed back into the house. Of course, I managed to walk into someone. I looked up at them and sighed.

"Why is it always you I bump into, Nash?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"You could just be drawn to me. I am a babe magnet."

"Smooth," I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the kitchen.

"Have your parents gone?" He asked, following behind me. I was surprised he was talking to me now, after ignoring me for so long.

"Yep," I nodded, getting some food out to cook breakfast, "Do you want something to eat?"

"No, I'm good," Nash told me, then left the room. I rolled my eyes again - something I seemed to do often because of Nash - and then made breakfast. Will, Hayes, Gemma, Leon and myself had breakfast. Afterwards, Hayes and Gemma headed out to hang out with some friends of Hayes, and Will went out to meet some of his friends. I ended up watching tv with Leon.

It was near one when I heard a lot of commotion outside the house. I told Leon to stay where he was - not that he would have got up anyway - and went to go see what was going on. When I opened the front door, I was met with a bunch of loud voices I knew all too well. Oh no.

"Jolie," Taylor called, whilst sitting on the hood of his jeep, "Long time no see, babe."

I ignored him and walked over to Nash, who was standing with the group of boys. I tapped his shoulder and he turned to me, raising his eyebrows.

"You invited the guys from school?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, why? Is that a problem?" He asked me, copying my actions.

"It is when I'm in charge," I told him, and I was met with a chorus of "ooh's" from the guys.

"You mean you think you're in charge,"  Nash said, grinning down at me.

"No. I am in charge."

"Sure you are."

"Don't make me hit you, Grier," I said, lowering my voice. He was really starting to piss me off.

"You're very threatening, Jo," Nash chuckled, beginning to walk away with the guys, "Now, if you don't mind, myself and the guys are gonna go hang out by the lake. If you want to put on a hot bikini, you're welcome to join us."

"As appealing as that sounds, I'll pass," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Nash shrugged and headed down to the water with the guys following him. I groaned and headed back into the house.

Well, at least I know there's nothing wrong with him, I thought, because he's back to his usual douchebag self.

I went back to the living room and sat down with Leon. I found it hard to concentrate on the tv as I could hear the guys outside.

Oh, the next three days are going to be so much fun... not.

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Look guys, chapter 20! And.. it sucks. Well, it doesn't suck, but I don't love it.

If you couldn't tell, the next chapter - or maybe the next few chapters - will include the other guys as well! Yay! Anyway, if you enjoyed this then like this or whatever and send me some feedback! Thanks guys!