Chapter 3: We Have a Bet

I had spent the rest of the day trying not to think about Mr Edwards, and failing. I sat beside my best-friend, Emma, in Spanish class just before lunch, and I told her everything.

I mean, I didn’t know much about him, but I told her how beautiful he was.

After leaving class - where, as you can tell, I did very little Spanish work - we headed to the cafeteria for lunch.

"I don’t know how you think you’d both work out," Emma spoke, shaking her head, "He’s your teacher.

"A minor technicality," I shrugged.

"You know, you’re sounding very much like Alicia Silverstone in The Crush,” Emma sighed, “And you know how that ended.”

I rolled my eyes as we entered the cafeteria. We got our food and made our way over to our usual, ever-so-slightly overcrowded table. 

"Oh, chill out, I’m hardly going to do anything," I explained to Emma as we sat down at our table, "Besides, I’m not eighteen yet, so I’d have to wait."

"Oh my God, you’re actually serious," Emma said, shaking her head in disbelief, "You actually want to date your teacher."

"I never said date," I corrected her, "I don’t now him well enough for that. But fuck? Yes. That I want to do."

"Somebody say something about fucking?" Carter interjected, and I turned to him as he leaned across the table to us.

"Not that it would have anything to do with you, but yes," I said, keeping a straight face. Carter chuckled some and looked at us both.

"So, you both coming to my party on Friday?"

"There probably won’t be anything else to do, so yes," I sighed. I couldn’t even feign interest in the party. They were always the same, as of late.

"That’s a shame, I’d much rather if you weren’t coming," Nash chimed from the end of the table, and I rolled my eyes. Must he always listen to my conversations?

"Well, then it’s a good thing I don’t care about what you’d like," I snapped back. Before Nash could respond, another voice spoke, entering the conversation.

"We’re not even back a day, and you two are already fighting?" Cameron said, and stole a handful of fries from my lunch tray. I smiled at him and poked him in the side as he sat down beside me. Apart from Emma, Cam had to be one of the people I was closest to here. The only downside to that, was that he and Nash were best-friends.

"We just can’t help ourselves," Nash said, looking at me.

You can’t help yourself. I am capable of doing a perfectly good job of ignoring you.”

"Then do that," Nash smirked, and turned to talk to some girls at the table.

 I pursed my lips and turned back to Cam, “How was your Winter break?”

"Honestly, very boring," He chuckled, "How about yours? How was Mont-Tremblant?”

"Oh, you know, snowy. Canadian. Expensive,” I shrugged, “Like it always is.”

Before Cam could respond, Mahogany stomped over and slammed her hands down on the table, “Have guys seen the new English sub? He’s gorgeous.”

"I don’t know if I’d call him gorgeous, but he’s hot," One of the other girls said.

“Jolie would beg to differ,” Emma mumbled, and I hit her in the arm.