Why so serious?

Song: Demons by Jacob Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should always be worried when you wake up drenched in blood. Especially when it's not your own. At least... I don't think it was my own. I look around, my head pounding; vision blurred. 

I was in a room with peeling grey wallpaper surrounded by other people. I try to stand only to be dragged down by heavy chains. Normally I would have been able to stand. Which means I've been drugged. Man I hate the feeling of being drugged.

Insane laughter and footsteps approach the door. Great... The Joker. Just what I need right now.

"Why so serious? Would it kill you to smile?'' Joker mock pouts, pulling out a knife. 

"You know, I think it really would. How is Harls by the way?" I announce with fake cheerfulness as I forced myself to stand. His gaze leaves the frightened women in front of him and lands on me with a smile.

"Oh, I'm sure she's fine. I can't say the same thing about you though." He replies as he drags the blade on my skin, creating a bloody 'smile.' 

As he turns around, I ask, "That's all? I really thought we had something here." He smiles and uncuffs me, dragging me by my wrist out of the room. Now the  fun was really going to begin.