the battle

Song: Across the Line by Lincoln Parker--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My I was getting closer, I could tell. The spirit activity was considerably higher. When I was in Gotham, I would probably only run into ten restless spirits per day.

Now, I was running into hundreds. I wasn't even sending them back to the underworld. However, I did my best to alert Hades. My dad was most definitely here.At this rate, I was tracking him by the spirit activity, not by the visions.

I feel like the king of hell was throwing a party in my head. In other words, I felt terrible. I was in California at this point, and I knew I was close. There he was, standing in the middle of the field.

"You can't stop what is to come. Join us, and you might just live." Father announces, an army of the undead and monsters behind him.

'' And hang out with the people who want me dead the most? No thanks." I reply, focusing to raise the dead.

I charge, followed by my mini army. Slashing through the crowd, I immediately head for Dad.

"You foolish girl, is that all you got?" He said with a sneer.

"Not even close." I snarled as my blade met his. He went for my shoulder and I gracefully moved out of the way, aiming for his leg.

Long story short, I won. On the other hand, I was bleeding from a gash in my leg and one on my stomach.

I slowly bent down to examine his sword. That's weird. There was a stone in the hilt like nothing I've ever seen. It almost looked like... dragonite. At the same time, it appeared to be made of jade. 

Somehow I knew exactly what to do. I must protect it at all cost. As I pulled it out of the hilt, I felt energy course through me. I look down to find my wounds were non-existent.