forgive what hasnt been forgotten

Roman's POV

Though I had been commanded to stay in the guest room I didn't retreat there until AJ had arrived back home with Naomi. Regardless of how mad she was at me, I needed to know that she was safe.

Staying in the guest room was strange. It was a large room with a king sized bed and a TV that hadn't been plugged in yet. Boxes were stacked high in the corner, full of stuff we had yet to unpack since moving here.

The bed was soft. The pillows were fluffy. The sheets were cool to the touch yet yarn to sleep under. It's a resting spot many would die for, but it didn't please me in any way.

Last night could have very well been the worst night of sleep I had gotten in a while.

I woke up every hour or so and it took over thirty minutes to resume sleeping. Every once in a while I would forget where I was, expecting Naomi to be right next to me. But when I reached over to loop my arm around her waist, reality set in.

She was in our room. I was in the guest room.

And she was most likely still upset.

When morning arrived I could tell that that my assumption had been correct, but she wasn't crying anymore. Now she was just ignoring me.

And as much as I probably deserved it, it sorta pissed me off.

She had been having a conversation with AJ when I walked in. She glanced at me for a split second before returning to her conversation.

Cold shoulder. Typical. I deserved it.

She had greeted Joelle when she came in. Gave her a kiss on her forehead and wrapped her arms around her for a bit. While doing this, Joelle had sat next to me at the table, in which Naomi still ignored me.

Silent treatment. Typical. I deserved that too.

She'd made coffee, offering AJ a glass but not me, even though she usually makes me a glass in the morning, not AJ.

Petty. Expected. Not appreciated. But I probably still deserved it.

AJ probably sensed that I was getting annoyed which is why she rushed me out of the house so quickly. Commanding me to be the one to drop Joelle off this morning as an excuse to leave.

After a silent car ride with my daughter, I had made my way to work.

Everything was normal here. None of the staff had caught on that there was something wrong between their bosses. If anything they were having the Friday off. They simple showed up to work and did little to nothing but managed to obtain a paycheck.

The one person I didn't see today was Sasha herself. She hadn't called in or announced that she wouldn't be here today. She simply just didn't show up.

And that was okay. I needed a break. Her being here was only going to make things awkward.

I couldn't help but think that this entire situation could have been completely avoided, but at the same time, could this have been avoided?

I sighed as I laid my head on my desk, lazily thumping the eraser of my pencil on the desk out of pure boredom.

"Could I gave avoided this?" I mumbled to myself.

Honest question, could it?

Was it karma? Was the universe finally kicking my ass for what I've done in the past.