Impress Empress

elfomi is my hero.

Naomi's POV

"You better be calling me because you finally figured out the wedding date." The woman on the other end commented, "You could say it was in less than 24 hours and I'll still be the first one on a plane and down to Florida."

I gave a small laugh as I leaned back in my chair, "We haven't figured one out just yet Nikki. We're still working on it."

She gave a small groan, "Ugh. Naomi what's taking so long? I need an excuse to go down to Florida."

"You do know you can just come visit, right?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Yes, but I'm not sure if you've noticed that plane tickets are pretty expensive." She responded and I laughed, "We don't all have private jets."

"I don't own a private jet. Roman owns a private jet. I'd be perfect fine flying commercial." I admit with a shrug, "Plus, you know we could buy you a ticket. We don't mind."

"You know I hate people buying me things. Especially expensive things." She told me, then sighed, "John and I have enough money to buy a ticket for the wedding... that is if you ever have it. You're taking forever! I'm ready for you to get hitched and for me to get some god kids."

"What is with everyone wanting us to have kids?" I groaned, "I mean, yeah, I want a kid but let's take one thing at a time now. We gotta get married first."

"You keep waiting around and you'll be pregnant before the wedding." She responded.

"Hush!" I told her, "We don't even do anything alright?"

"Liars go to hell and you're on the next bus going down there." She shot at me, "You expect me to believe that you two haven't done anything since you've been engaged?"

"Yes." I lied.

"Well I don't."

"Some friend you are."

She snorted and I laughed a bit as I stretched my arms, "So how are things in NY?"

"You want the truth or some bullshit answer such as 'things are good'?"

"Is it that bad?" I asked with a frown and she sighed.

"It's not bad bad." She insisted, "Its just not... good, I guess. Things are just different and change is strange. It's gotten better than when you first left, but it's still... I... I don't know."

"What's going on Nik?" I asked as I sat up straight in my chair.

"There's been a lot of talk." She said with a sigh, "A lot of talk. I don't know how much longer Anon'i Enterprises will even be a company."

"What?" I asked immediately, "What do you mean?"

"I've just heard a lot of things." She told me, "Jey's practically running the company by himself at the moment because Jimmy isn't... he's not doing to well right now."

"He's not doing well?" I asked as I bit my lip, "Is he hurt?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to him since he released me." She said with a sigh, "I've heard people say things about him seeing a councilor and I sorta hope that true. Maybe he needs to vent his problems to someone that isn't directly connected to this drama. Sometimes that works. I don't think Jey is much help because he still has ties with you and Roman."

I sighed and pushed my hair back, "I don't want anything bad go happen to him. Not to him or the company."

"Have you talked do him any at all?" She questioned me.