bitch insane

Roman's POV

"And there I was, getting ready to battle all three of them at once. And I thought to myself 'I'm never gonna make it out of here alive'. But then I did something. Something I've never done before... I believed in myself. Then all of a sudden I felt tingly all over just as one of the men made his advance towards me then BAM. My ninja skills kicked in. I cut, and sliced, and kicked and bit them until they cowered away to their mothers, but just as I thought the coast was clear, I turned around and immediately got hit in the head. And that's when my world went black... but it is up to me to hunt down the cowards and put a stop to them the next time I see them. Nobody gets away with hurting AJ Lee, nobody."

"Then what happened?" Joelle asked as she listened intensely.

"Then I woke up here." AJ told her as she adjusted the bag of ice on her head, "I won't lie, it's a bit disappointing that my first superhero action scene ended up with me on the floor, but it's what heroes do. Sometimes heroes get beat up. It's all part of the job. Heroes are the best... unless your Megamind. If you're Megamind than your better than every superhero that has ever lived."

I gave a small smile as I watched the two of them react, but that stopped when I heard a strange noise.

"What was that?" Jey asked.

"Was it the air conditioner?" Naomi asked as she looked around the room.

"Actually that was my stomach." Joelle admitted with a sheepish laugh.

"Geez JoJo your stomach sounds like a freaking bear growling." AJ told her with a snort.

"It's not my fault." Joelle protested, "I haven't eaten since lunch."

"Well I saw a vending machine down the hall earlier." Jey told her as he pulled out his wallet, "Why don't you go get something to eat. Y'all want anything?"

I shook my head and as did Naomi as Joelle climbed out of AJ's bed.

"Thanks Uncle Jey." She told him as he handed her a few bills. Though they were cousins, there was a big age difference, so she often called him Uncle out of respect.

It was quiet for a moment as Joelle walked out of the door, and the moment the door closed, my eyes shot back to AJ, "Are you alright?"

She sighed as she adjusted the bag again, "I'm living and that's important."

"Do you remember anything?" Naomi asked her and she shrugged.

"I remember just about everything." She told us, "But none of it makes sense to me. The alarm system never went off. If someone would have broken in it would have went off."

"Unless someone tampered with it." Jey pointed out, "And that could have happened."

She shook her head, "I just don't get it. I'm usually more alert than that... I don't understand."

"Tell me what you know." I told her as I sat on the edge of the bed.

She sighed again, "I fell asleep in the dryer-"

"What the hell?" Jey questioned.

"I honestly called this in my head." Naomi pointed out.

"Ok guys were not talking about my strange sleeping habits right now." AJ pointed out then winced and adjusted the ice again.

"Continue." I told her and she nodded.

"Anyways, I got out of the dryer." She continued, "And started sweeping the hallways cause there was some dust bunnies. I heard some talking downstairs and I thought you two
came home early, so I sorta just ignored it cause it's just you right? Well I hear something break, then something shatter and break again. Then I heard more things being smashed and I made my way downstairs. The living room was fucking destroyed. Like I kid you not. So I sorta asked 'who's there?' Probably a dumb idea. The coffee table was broken so I grabbed one of the legs and sorta used it as a bat as I looked around the house. I remember going to the kitchen and I felt something hard hit my head... that's it."