pig flyin & these bitches tryin me

I updated this cover weeks ago and I'm really just now updating 😪 I apologize.

Naomi's POV

"I left money on the nightstand," I commented into the phone as I pressed the button in the elevator, holding the folders I carried closer to me as I allowed the machine to take me to Roman and I's office floor, "Use it for a cab to get to the school if Jojo needs anything, or just for snacks, or maybe room service."

"What about a stripper?" Aj commented, "Cause I spy a few tens in this stack that I wouldn't mind rubbing on a thick meat stick."

"AJ, I didn't need that visual."

"Consider it a present."

"AJ-"

"Naomi!" She groaned, "Babe, I'm not a child. I can take care of myself. Just because this is a hotel doesn't mean I'm not regular ole AJ. I don't need rules."

"I'm giving you rules because you are 'regular ole AJ.'" I explained as the elevator door opened, "You're wild and unpredictable. Without rules you'll probably run naked in the lobby."

"You have a point." She said.

I laughed as I held the folders closer to me and stepped out of the elevator and onto the floor, "You gonna be alright there by yourself?"

She sighed, "Naomi I'll be fine. I'm not scared. Everything's gonna be ok, stop worrying."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Absolutely sure?"

"Extremely sure."

"Absolute positively sure-"

"Naomi Trinity Reigns! I will be fine!" AJ shouted with a groan, "Good God, I am a grown woman and I can do whatever I want and that includes taking care of myself."

"Are you using song lyrics to justify your point?" I asked her with a small laugh as I continued down the hallway.

"Is that wrong?" She commented quickly then cleared her threat, "Anywho! I love you. I hope you have a good day. Don't call me again. I'm perfectly fine."

I groaned a bit, "Fine. But I'm calling you at lunch."

"You don't understand the words 'don't call' do you?" She mumbled, "Get to work slacky!"

"Alright, alrighty I'm going." I spoke into the phone, "Talk to you soon April."

"That's not my name-" she started to shout but I had already hung up with a small laugh to myself before shoving my phone back into my pocket with a sigh.

To say I was a bit on edge was an understatement.

Yesterday's accident with AJ had left me more than a little shaken. It had downright terrified me because not only had AJ gotten hurt, but someone literally had broken into our house.

That wasn't necessarily the most satisfying news to hear.

We had spent the night in a hotel, giving the police time to investigate our house before we go back. We still hadn't decided when we would be going to check the house out either. It's not like we had much time. We had gotten in late last night, only to wake up early this morning, take Joelle to school, then head off to work.

You could say I was a little tired, and stressed.

But when you're feeling low, you can only go up from there, right?