act classy in her presence

Roman's POV

There's so many things I could be doing right now that I actually would enjoy.

Such as being home, helping AJ clean or something, spending time with Naomi and my daughter, or just sleeping.

But no. I gotta do this stupid paperwork that I should have done last week, but choose not to.

And even though I'm suppose to be actually doing the work, I've been constantly looking at Twitter, playing Candy Crush, and now, scrolling through my photo gallery. I mean, I didn't have much left, but I didn't feel like finishing it.

I smiled at the selfies that Joelle, AJ, and Naomi had left, then more of ones of Joelle at the small party we had held for her 15th birthday party.

Seconds later, a message flashed on the screen and I tapped on it. My screen navigating to my messages.

Naomi: it's almost 7 and your still not done 😩

I smile softly and responded back to her.

Roman: sorry babygirl. Not to much longer I promise. You ok? Everything alright?

Naomi: yeah it's all good. Joelle is still at a friends house, should be back home in a few. AJ went out... I think she's seeing someone.

Roman: I'll burn whoever it is to the ground.

Roman: then sprinkle their ashes around the house in a rain dance.

Naomi: 😂 roman you are not her dad. She's a grown woman.

Roman: whatever. She can't date. I won't let her.

Naomi: over protective much?

Roman: of course. What are you doing?

Naomi: taking a bath.

Roman: you trying to distract me from my work, aren't you? 😏

Naomi: I'm TRYING not to drop my phone in the water. 😂

Roman: 😂😂 nice babe. nice

Naomi: finish your work and come home to me already. 🙄😄

Roman: can do ❤️ see you soon beautiful.

I sighed and tossed the phone back onto the table and grabbed one of the papers off of my desk.

I groaned and grabbed a pen before scribbling down a few words before hearing a sound.

I glance up to see my door slowly opening and a bright haired woman peeking her head in.

"Miss Banks?" I asked as she stepped into the room, still smiling widely, "What are you still doing here."

"Oh I left my bag and had to come back to get it." She replied, "I thought the building would have been shut down for the night. But I see your still here."

"Paperwork." I say while gesturing to the papers.

"Ah, I see." She said while walking over, "Need help? I can do it for you if you like."

"I only have a little left to complete so it's alright." I say to her.

"Oh but I insist." She said either glancing at the papers, "Oh this is simple! I can do this and even look over to see if anything needs to be corrected if you like. It can be done by morning."