sneaky snake

Roman's POV

"It's not easy doing my job, is it?" AJ asked with a smirk as she watched me hurriedly look around the kitchen for the container to put Joelle sandwich in.

"Not at all." I lied. I had decided to open my mouth and say that AJ's job was easy compared to my own and she's forcing me to make her lunch which is... quite impossible considering I don't know where anything is.

"Sandwich container is in the dishwasher Roman." She said with a snort, "I didn't unload it last night."

"I knew that." I told her as I quickly walked over and opened it, grabbing the purple container.

"Did you put mayonnaise on it?" Joelle asked.

"Yes I did." I tell her as I put the sandwich in the container.

"But I don't like mayonnaise." She groaned.

"She also doesn't like Cheetos so you may wanna grab a bag of Lays buddy." AJ said to me with a laugh and I groaned as I tossed the container down on the counter.

"I give up." I say, "How about I give you money and you buy a school lunch?"

"Last time I ate the schools food there was a roach on my pizza." Joelle replied, "I'm not even lying. It was horrid."

I sighed and looked at AJ who was still smirking at my failure, "Can you but her something for lunch? I'll pay you extra."

"Sure Roman." She said, "But you don't have to pay me. Watching you struggle was payment enough."

"You're so funny." I say as I thumped her on her forehead before walking over to Joelle and kissing her forehead, "Have a good day at school."

"If you knew what I was about endure you would know that I'm not gonna have a good day." She told me simply while walking towards the door, "High school is legit just terrible."

"Doesn't sound like it." I say to her.

"Don't let my attitude fool you." She told me, "This place could bring a groan man to his knees in sorrow. Tell Na I said bye!"

"She's so dramatic." I say to AJ.

"You really should talk to her about school sometime." AJ told me as she grabbed the keys off of the counter, "High school gets worse per generation. I thought my years were bad, but her years are probably worse than mine."

"What possibly could a 15 year old girl be going through?" I asked her.

"You know, for a smart man, you're pretty stupid." She said while rolling his eyes, "She's the daughter of a big time CEO who is fresh in a scandal. Then she has to go to a place where all of her classmates believe that they know exactly what's going on in her life based off of what they here on the news or rumors that are started by other kids."

'Never thought of it like that...' I though to myself as she rolled her eyes at me once more.

"You amaze me sometimes." She said with a sigh while walking to the door, "Have a good day at work. Don't die, it'll effect our income."

"Very funny." I call after her, "Love you AJ."

"Blah blah blah love you too." She said before exiting the door.

I smiled slightly before glancing at the stairs and seeing my fiancée descending them.

"You look beautiful babygirl." I say as I give her a quick kiss.

She was looking down at her phone but I saw a smile immediately form on her lips, "Thank you, handsome."

"Now I have to run a few errands before to work, so I may be a little late." She told me as she walked into the kitchen, "So I'm definitely taking the Mercedes and you can take the Acura."