growing up, growing old

leakee 😍

Roman's POV

"You got a hair sticking up." Joelle said as she pointed to her screen.

I take my free hand and smooth my hair back into place "Better?"

"Perfect! Gorgeous hunny, you look fabulous!" She exclaimed while clapping her hands.

I rolled my eyes but smiled slightly, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." She told me, then sighed, "Relax Dad. Everything's gonna be fine-"

"Joelle!" I heard her mothers voice call, "Where's my eyeliner?"

"Uhhhh," she said as she quickly dashed away from her computer screen, "Did you look in the car?"

"No." Her voice called back, "Let me go check there."

She shuffled around for a moment before dashing back to the computer screen, holding an item in her hand.

"I'll be right back." She commented quickly before running off, "Remember to breath!"

I laugh slightly and shake my head while setting my phone in the empty seat next to me.

I currently sat in a waiting room all by myself. Naomi would have been with me, but she was getting a quick touch up on her hair before the interview which was less than an hour away. And with my nerves being as bad as they were, I tried to somewhat calm them by talking to my daughter.

Joelle had helped some. She distracted me by talking my ear off, but it was better than the silence. And besides, it had been three days since I had talked to her, I missed her.

There was a quite knock on the door and I gave a questioning look before answering.

"You in here son?" I hear my fathers voice answer as the door cracked open slightly.

"Yeah." I say, "Come on in Pops."

He opened the door wider and walked in the room dressed in a full suit similar to my own.

"You look good." He said while walking over to me, straightening my tie a bit, "How are you?"

"Ok." I stated, "You?"

He laughed a bit, "When you were little, you use to give those one word sentences when you were upset. I see nothing has changed. So do you want to tell me the truth now?"

"What am I suppose to say?" I asked him, "There's not much I can say."

He was quite for a moment before sighing and sitting down next to me.

"You know," he spoke, "When your uncle and I passed this company down to you boys, we never expected this to happen."

I hung my head slightly, "I'm sorry."

"No your not." He told me gently, "You're not sorry."

"Pops I never meant to ruin things." I told him, "It wasn't my intentions for things to go bad."

"Nobody intended for it to happen." He told me, "But it did. Tell me Roman, if you had a chance to go back and change things, would you?"

I was quite for a moment before answering, "No."

"And why not?" He asked.

"Because the slightest change could change how things are now." I told him.

"But what's so good about right now?" He asked me calmly, "You're nervous. You don't wanna be here. You don't wanna be near Jimmy. So what's so good about right now?"