Valentine

^ me & boo⭐️

🌹

"what are you doing right now?"

"what do you think I'm doing on valentine's day. in bed eating chocolate. watching netflix."

"good. pick you up at 7. wear something nice."

and with that, the call ended.

today is valentine's day and i had to endure the pain of being single for another year. sure, my grandma and parents got me a stuffed animal and random valentine's candies and snacks, but it was just my family being nice. it wasn't the same as someone special giving it to me.

i was just in bed eating all the candies i've gotten from my family and watching Netflix and i get a call from my best friend jacob. to be honest, i've always had a crush on him. i would obviously never admit my feelings to him since it would ruin our friendship. we've been each other's best friend since god knows how long, and at times, we've been each other's only friend. it would be so hard to break that.

i didn't know what was going on with him or why he is picking me up.

i brush away the thought and do as i was told. i go into my closet and find something at least a little bit fancy. since i hate wearing dresses and other fancy things, i never have anything really nice to wear.

by the time i finish getting myself together, i hear the doorbell ring from downstairs and my mom calling my name a few seconds later. i get a coat and head downstairs, expecting jacob to be there.

when i get downstairs, i see jacob waiting inside, wearing a tux and holding a bouquet of roses.

heat rises to my face as i embarrassingly smile.

"what is all this for?"

"well first of all, y/n..." he approaches me and takes my hand. "will you be my valentine?"

i am still confused on what is happening as i hesitate to answer, as my parents are watching us, smiling, from around the corner.

"wel-"

"yes or no, y/n, we don't have all day."

that's the jacob i've known since preschool.

i chuckle. "sure."

jacob smiles. "then let me take you out on a date tonight." he hands me the bouquet of roses.

as he escorts me outside, i see that he brought a huge limo to pick me up.

he helped me to go up inside the limo. inside was an explosion of red and pink. decorations, candies, lights.

jacob got in after me and sat right beside me. after a few minutes and the limo had started to drive to the unknown destination, jacob looked over at me and examined me in my dress.

"you look beautiful tonight." he lifted his arm and wrapped it around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

i looked up at him and lightly laughed.

"what's so funny...why is that funny?" he started to smile at the sight of my smile.

"i don't know...it's weird because we've been best friends forever now. and tonight you're treating me like something more... i still don't understand what's going on." I explained.

"i thought you deserved something special. just wait."

the ride seemed oddly short. when jacob helped me out of the limo, i look up to see that he took me to my favorite restaurant, y/f/r. i looked at jacob with the biggest smile on my face.

"i knew you would already like it."

we went inside the elegant restaurant and the waiter escorted us to a back room away from the rest of the people in the restaurant. the only thing in the room was a candle-lit table for two and rose petals covered the ground.

jacob glanced over at me to see my expression. confused but excitement obviously taking over that feeling. my heart was racing at a million miles a minutes. why would he do this?

;

"y/n..." i looked up at him after i took my last bite of the angel cake from our shared strawberry shortcake.

he stood up and took my hand in his. he took a deep breath. "i know we've been the best of friend since i even first saw your face in preschool."

my smile became greater.

"the reason i did this for you...for us..." he hesitated and i could tell he became nervous.

i lifted my hand to hold his cheek and brought his head up to look at mine. "you can tell me. you know you can tell me everything."

"but y/n, i'm scared this everything will ruin everything."

we both looked at each other for a moment in silence until he finally spoke up again.

"y/n, i love you so much as a best friend. but for the longest time...i've loved you as more than a best friend."

i didn't know what to say.

"i hope this doesn't ruin the friendship that we have and i don't know if you feel the same way, but let me just ask you."

he paused and took another deep breath.

"will you be my valentine...and my girlfriend?"

i didn't know what to say...

so i just kissed him.

💫

happy valentine's day💘

...thoughts on jillie?🤔
xx, marisol (mah - de - soul)

imagines | jsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara