Chapter XIV

Boyf riends

EVAN'S POV

I stared at Connor. Not in a creepy way heh.

"Jared asked how much I liked Connor. Like, as in like-like. Like.." I trailed off, a poker face hiding my sad, what-if-he-hates-me face. I'm pathetic. Hm.

Jared smirked more. Connor tilted his head. He didn't look mad.

"Good for you, Ev," Jared said, sort of trying to hide a chuckle. He failed. It wasn't a chuckle that was making fun on me, though. He slapped my back which made me flinch. That made him laugh even more.

Connor twisted his face. "You just sort of..confessed something..? At an audible volume?? Making direct eye contact???" He chuckled. It was humorous. Got it.

I looked around and nodded awkwardly.

"Wow. Evan Hansen. I heard Evan Hansen talk. I feel honored," Connor said putting his arm around me, but hesitating a little. He seemed to be wondering if that was a good thing or an incorrect thing. (pitch perfect reference, anyone?)

I shifted a little because my hand was caught on his shirt. Oof. He moved his arm for me, then didn't put it back.. That's sad. I'm sad.

"Oh. Hah yeah." I'm so terrible.

Connor smiled. I smiled all crooked like I like to do. Jared looked around, and then asked where the bathroom was. He probably couldn't handle how awkward it was for any longer.

"Down the hall and to the left. I think," Connor said, peering into the hallway quickly.

Jared wondered, "You think? You don't know where your bathroom is?"

"Well I mean you could use the bathroom here in my room, I guess, but I was testing myself."

"Freak."

"The fuck did you say?" I felt Connor tense up.He wasn't even touching me, either.

"Nothing," Jared sighed. He walked inside the bathroom and locked the door.

I mentally cried for Jared to stay and help me but I didn't actually make any sound. I just sat quietly and watched him go through the wooden door and lock it.

"So," Connor started after a moment.

I looked up. I remained quiet.

"So you kinda li-"

"N-Not kinda," I interrupted.

"Wait you interrupted someone. I didn't know you were capable of doing something lik-"

"No no I don't do stuff like that. That was so rude and I apo-"

"No I was impressed. You're ruining it."

I nodded and tried to giggle. I just started coughing.

"You okay, Evan?"

I nodded again then looked at the floor, thinking about how I managed to fail at giggling. What the foop??

Connor cleared his throat, as if to do or say something, so I looked up at all of that hair. Look at his hair. It went like wOosh as it swung toward me. He looked down at me, as I was significantly shorter.

I heard the bathroom door unlock. It didn't open, though.

I looked back to Connor and then sMorcH!!

Jared finally opened the door to see that. Was he listening or something? Anyway, Jared started cheering. "Wooooop woooop!! Y'all are growing up so fast."

Connor and I pulled apart. Connor rolled his eyes and flipped off Jared. I giggled. An actual giggle. Yay!

"Thanks, Con. So, when's the wedding?" Jared laughed and sat down.

Connor leaned down really close to my ear and asked, "So are we like.."

"Boyfs?" I smiled, realising Connor probably didn't know Be More Chill.

"The fuck is a boyf?"

"It's from a musical I like. Richie G writes boyf on Jeremy's backpack, then he puts riends on Michael's backpack. Like boyf riends."

"You like musicals?"

"Yeah," I said, still smiling.

"Cool. Like that one, Dear Evan Hansen?"

"No. Never heard of it. What's that?"

Connor laughed. "Boyfs it is."

"Yay!" I reached up and hugged Connor, then saw Jared there just staring.

"So, about the wedding? When was it again?"

Everyone laughed. Soon, Jared drove me home. Today was a good day, and here's why, because today I got what I've wanted for a while and Jared is making a friend with someone I was friends with, which doesn't happen often. Anyway, I'm gonna end this mental letter now. Sincerely, your best and most dearest friend, me.

~~~

So 699 words feels like 1000, which is my goal.

Oof.

I wrote the boyf chapter but it was kinda rushed and, well, tbh bad.

I hope you liked it because I sorta tried.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you so much for reading, and if you made it this far, thank you for reading all of my crappy DEH stuff. Keep in mind, I also have Hamilton and Be More Chill stuff. Ew. Read at your own risk jk.

Should I do a face reveal?? Do y'all actually read these authors notes.....?? Eh. Thanks for reading. Baaiii.

-Kayla