Chapter 6- Him.

| " Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all. " |

LEI AYUMI POV

Soon, practice started and I made my way to the courts. Touching a racket, I felt memories rush through me. I took up a racket and started swinging it around my wrist.

" Yukimura..is it possible for me to be a regular of the club? " I asked softly.

"You definitely know the basics.. I could arrange for you to compete against a regular," He begin, thinking hard. "-How about coming for our morning practice tomorrow, and you'll fight against a regular, okay? "  

I nodded my head, and watched and he gave orders to the other members of the club with a whole lot of charisma. Club session soon ended, and I left for my house. I quickly entered my house, and I went to my room. I open my drawer, and after removing several things, I saw the frame which was hidden. It was a picture of me with another boy.

 A boy which had changed my life. 

" Kaneki...I'm so sorry for what I did to you..I know that you'll want me to continue this sport, and I found my resolve to do so. Now, it's time for me to bid you farewell. " I said before taking out a matchstick and burning the photo.

As I watch the picture of him fade away in the flames, I sigh. It have been so long. I couldn't forgive myself that time . As I laid in bed, I remembered what happened. 

" Kanekiiiiii," I called out. It was just an ordinary day, and that I was at the park near the house in America. I told him to come out of his house to play tennis with me. 

" Okay~ " He replied before hanging up. He was my first friend in America. He helped me when I was bullied by people in my class. He gave me his lunch when mine was thrown away. 

He was the nicest person I ever met before. And it was unfair that god took him away too quickly. 

He waved to me and was about to crossed the road, not knowing that a car was speeding towards him. Before I knew it, a drunk driver came slamming onto him. My eyes widen as I saw his body flew several steps away from where he once was standing at. 

" KANEKI! " I screamed. It was the worst day I ever had

I hugged his bloodied body, and heard him say, " Never ever give up, Ayum-" before he had went to heaven. I never cried that much in the year compared to that day. My eyes were bloodshot, but nothing could compare to the body in my arms.

It was my fault. 

I caused his death and it was because of my selfish request. 

From that day onward, I shut everyone out. Everything I did reminded me of  Kaneki. Walking, bathing and even looking out onto the streets, Kaneki face would appear. It tormented me daily.

From that day on, I never used my tennis racket.

-

EDITED 27/8/15