Chapter 55

A/N : Hi guyyyys! I updated this fic, and yes! It's about the match between Byoudin and Lei. Hope you liked it! ♥

Chapter 55

The sound of the alarm blared, I groaned. It was so comfortable in my sheets, but I knew that I had to wake up as I needed to warm up before the match I'll have with Byoudin.

I took a quick shower, changed my attire, and went to the canteen to have my meal. I scooped out some salad, and a cup of hot tea before making my way back to my seats.

As I consumed my meal, I had many people wishing me all the best for the match later, and most of them were from those that I didn't know. I sigh, as I wonder where my friends were.

XXXXTime skipXXXX

'One minute more.' I thought, as I stood on the courts. It was time for our match. The seats around the match were all filled up, and it was what you can say, the biggest match of the month- or even year.

I looked around, elated to see many of my friends occupying the front row. Even the three coaches were on the balcony, observing the match. It was nerve-racking to see so many people, and my heart started beating quickly as Byoudin sauntered in.

I gripped my racket tightly as we walked onto the courts. The referee than asked us to shake our hands, and I did so reluctantly. He gripped my hand with a lot of force, and it hurt, but I didn't let it show- I can't let him see my weakened face.

After the handshake, we got to our respective places, and Byoudin was to serve.

He quickly served a twist serve, and I countered with a slice. He then shot the ball to the opposite side of the court which I wasn't on, and I countered it by using 'Drive B' to return the shot. As this was the first time that I showed the Drive, I smirked, as Byoudin was unable to return it, allowing me to gain the first point.

"15-0" The referee called out, and I huffed. After playing for 15 minutes, I was than able to get the first point.

His eyes was filled with rage as he stared at me, eyes gleaming. I knew he wasn't planning something nice- but I didn't had a clue on what he would do, so I ignored it.

We continued playing, and he shot a slice, forcing me to lob the ball, and he smirked, jumping up and my eyes widened. "No way-!" I shouted, as he smashed the ball on my right hand.

I screamed, as a big red bruise formed on my hand, and I dropped the racket and used my left hand and cradled it. I forgot that it was a blind spot for smashers. Any smash which hit the opponent would not be an 'assault'.

I huffed, as the pain was unbearable. I cursed at myself, knowing that I should be careful when his eyes gleamed just now.

Tokugawa then shouted, "Ayumi! Are you okay? Did that bastard hurt you?!" He says, rage in his eyes.

I took in a breath, and shook my head. "I'm fine." I say, as I swapped the racket to use with my other hand.

"15-Love" The referee announced again.

I took my stand, watching as Byoudin served the ball. I returned the shot, with a speed ball, causing him to lose the next point.

"30-15" The referee says, shocked at how fast the ball was.

The next few match was a torture, as Byoudin would use many kinds of shots to injure parts of my body. To make things worse, he was leading with a "3-5". Suddenly, a slice to my ankle made me fall.

I wobbled as I got up turning around, I saw the worried and concern gaze of my friends, and I clenched my fist. I thought bitterly to myself. I couldn't let him score.

I asked for a break, and went to my bench to take out the pain reliever, and dabbed it on the areas where he injured me at.

"Beep." The referee blew the whistle, and I stood back up. 

This is War.

We started off my match, and I took in a deep breath before relaxing myself, and the aura surrounded me. I entered a state.

"Entering Muga No Kyochi? It won't work," Byoudin boasted, as he entered his state of Muga No Kyochi.

He served, and when I returned with a slice, however, he was unexpected to find that he was unable to receive the serve, as if he was stopped.

I smirked, as he tries to figure out why he was unable to receive it. I said to him, "Even if you tried for a hundred more years, you wouldn't be able to do it! You don't know the technique!"

I smirked again, as it flashback in my head.

I got to an empty tennis court, after eating and took out my black racket, and a ball, before practicing.

"Ayumi," I heard Oni call out my name as I turned around. "I need to teach you a trick that can help you during the match later." He continues, as he walks closer to me. I nodded my head as he begin teaching me.

"The trick is simple," he says, "All you need to do is shoot towards his left, as he has slow reflexes around that area of his body." I nodded my head, as he taught me some ways to hit the ball quickly towards his left.

"6-5" The referee says, as I realized that I have one point left to win.

I served, and the match continued. The ball served to the other side and Byoudin returned it in a split second. We soon had a tie breaker for quite a long period of time, where Byoudin caught me off guard.

"You bitch!" He roared, as he smashed the ball onto my courts. I was caught off-guard, and I only regained my senses when Seiichi screamed," Watch out! "

I returned the ball to his left, not noticing the pole near the net. Due to inertia, I wasn't able to deflect the pole, and the pole hit my head, causing me to black out into the darkness.

Hello! Thanks for reading and mind doing R&R? Hope you have a nice day and remember to click on the star to vote! 

Photo credits : Not Mine

Much love Xx ☺