Chapter 3 - Being Helpful

| " The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education. " |

LEI AYUMI POV

I woke up when I felt a sharp pencil poking onto my hand, I opened my eyes only to see the swowling boy holding a piece of paper. I grabbed it wile muttering my 'thanks'. As I begin to start on the work. The bell rang, and I decided to go for my  next class. 

When I reached the next class, which was held at my original classroom. The class became friendlier with me, and said that Tanaka - sensei, is our next teacher. The class then told gossips about our teacher,Tanaka Sensei. I nodded my head as they begin telling me.

It seemed like she was a mean teacher which gave out a lot of detention. Suddenly, the sound of the shoe clicking resonated closer to our class. The lady whom I think is Tanaka- sensei entered the room, and all noise ceased. 

" Oh you newbie, You have already found a sit and I presumed that you have already introduced yourself in the spare time I was away. If you have not greeted, do it after my lesson. Anyway, lets start with class." She says with a hint of attitude. 

Not long after, Tanaka sensei told me to wake my partner whom I found out was Kirihara Ayaka. I poked him using my pen and he woke up with a sigh. Tanaka sensei then told him to answer a question which was supposed to be taught in Year 3, however Kirihara- san did not know. 

I decided to be a kind soul and I passed him a note which I had jotted the answer on,  as a form of helping him. He read the answer on the paper and  quickly answered the question.

Tanaka-sensei was shocked and gaped before exclaiming, "Kirihara...this is the first time you actually managed to answer a question in my class....you studied. No detention today! "  

Kirihara-san sat down and gave me a nod and whispered "Thanks!" and I gave a slight nod and gave a smile.

I was day dreaming when the teacher said," Lei-san! Please answer my question or prepare to go for detention."  I looked at the board and answered immediately, without any second thoughts. She was shock and turned away, perhaps feeling embarrassed. The lesson soon ended and there was a short break.

KIRIHARA AYAKA POV

" Sanada fukubuchou! I'll win you! The match goes to- " I was sleeping and having a nice dream about winning fuku-buchou when I found myself being poked. The person who was poking me was very annoying. I was about to scold her but I was called by the teachers to answer a question but yet I didn't know the answer as I have been sleeping.

 I felt a paper being passed to me. I saw the number and shouted it out, hoping that it was correct. It was correct, ad let out a breath which I didn't know I had been holding.

I can't wait to boast about it. The short break bell rang and I dashed out  of the classroom after thanking the girl who was called Lei Ayumi,  and went to the Rikkaidai tennis team favorite spot. I told my seniors what happened, and Sanada- sempai rose his eyebrows. 

LEI AYUMI POV

I was walking around after school by the tennis courts when a thought came into my head. 

'He will never forgive you...'  and didn't realized a stray ball had flew out and was proceeding at a very fast pace and was about to hit me. The screams of the players brought me back, and a split second before the ball could hit my face, I grabbed a racket and sent it smashing down. 

"Wow!" Kirihara, Marui and Jackel awed. 

"Puri~" Niou said. I frowned and dropped the racket. I shouldn't be holding a racket...I don't deserve it. 

EDITED! 27/8/15