Chapter 12 || He is the Boss

Start from the beginning

Before I went inside, I glanced at Mark then raised my shoulders." Pudding." I muttered as I grabbed a bunch of them and placed all of them in the basket. Now that I think about it, there is a possibility that Mark has a girlfriend living near here. All that enters my mind is all about Mark and his lie." How much?" I asked, as I reached the counter.

I took out one pudding from my plastic bag then ate it while walking home. Walking on the streets with my pajamas is pretty normal for me." Hey old lady, can you give me one?" A child out of nowhere asked me. She just called me an old lady. I stuck my tongue out then continued walking. "How rude!" She shouted.

I stopped and looked at her. " You are the rude one. How dare you call me an old lady?" I asked in an annoyed voice and then threw a pudding at her. She caught it with her eyes widened." You should be thankful. Eat it well, kid!" 

Finally home with my puddings, I pushed the door open. I screamed in horror. " Why is he here?!" I asked mom, who is busy showing my baby photos to Mark. I immediately took the photo album from them then placed it back to where it belongs. 

"Your brother invited him in." Mom said , giggling. 

Mark stood up. " I think I'll just go." He told my mother with a sad expression. Mom stopped him and then let him sit on the couch. She shooed me away , telling me to go make some food for him or snack." You are so nice, Mrs. Park." He said.

What is he planning this time? I went to the kitchen and placed all my puddings inside the fridge. I can clearly hear that my mother and Mark is talking about my past. Mom doesn't know I was being bullied by Mark, before. I sighed then took a pitcher of juice and bowl of cookies.

I placed them on the table and showed a fake smile at Mark. "Thank you , but I think I have to go now." He told us. I felt so angry in the inside for giving an effort on serving him food for nothing. My mom giggled then nodded." Chorong, go and escort your boss out."

As a reply, I shook my head but I couldn't resist my mother. I walked after Mark and then closed the door behind me. " Go. Wherever you are going." I told him.

He smiled then slowly walked away from me. Before he could go away, I stopped him." Where are you going?" I asked him without even thinking. Why didn't I asked about why he is here? I am going crazy. He walked towards me then looked at our house. "W-What?" I asked.

"Why do you need to know?" Mark asked with a blank face. I couldn't reply. " Are you not going to ask why I am here?" 

I cleared my throat." Is it wrong to be curious? If you don't want to tell me, it's okay. It's not like I am interested with your life anyway. I was just thinking if I could at least know a single thing about my boss. Sure, you can go now. I won't talk to you anymore. Goodbye, okay?" I told him while walking back to our house.

" You sure you want to know where I am going?" Mark asked me, causing me to stop. What does that mean? I told him that I don't want to know it , anymore then opened our gate. A girly voice suddenly was caught by my ear. Don't tell me. "Oh, Mellisa." He said.

I quickly went inside and peek through the fences. Are they back together? She locks her arm with Mark's then asked why is he here. Mark glanced at me and replied." I visited a friend. Let's go? I am sure your mom is waiting for us. We don't want her to wait , do we?".

Mellisa stared at the house , before walking. I walked towards the door. " I didn't know they are still together." I muttered as I opened the door. Mother was cleaning in the kitchen but as soon as she heard me, she quickly stopped and asked me what happened." Mom, I am going out." I told her.

"Why? Where?" She asked.

Slowly walking towards my room, I answered. " At the cafe near us, I am going to meet a friend." Closing the door behind me then quickly washed myself and changed into my casual clothes. I grabbed my purse and left the house. It was a nice weather, I didn't even noticed how far I was from the house now. Humming my favorite song, I finally arrived at the cafe. I pushed the doors open then looked for a table for two. I picked the table beside the window glass. " I wonder if anyone is available , right now." I said to myself as I started scrolling through my contacts.

Eunji. I tapped the phone icon and started calling her." Hello?" The other line answered. I told Eunji that maybe she could join me for a drink. She told me that she is kind of busy and wants to focus. "Oh, okay. I understand. I'll call you again if I can." I told her then laughed, nervously.

I scrolled once again , searching for a friend to accompany me." Naeun, are you free right now?" I asked her. She didn't answer , and all I hear from the other line is sounds of plates and kitchen utensils. I asked again." Are you free? I want to invite you for a drink. My treat."

"Oh! Sorry. I am at the restaurant at the moment but me and my boyfriend could go there since we just finished eating. Sounds nice?" She asked from the other line. I could hear her boyfriend talking then told her that it would be nice if her boyfriend won't be with us." Why?" Naeun asked.

I cleared my throat." I wanted to talk about something." I answered.

Before she could reply to me, my phone died. " What?" I asked myself then checked my phone." Did I just broke my phone? It was just 89% earlier." Shocked, I opened the back of my phone and took the battery off to look at it. Busted. I sighed and went to the counter for an americano." One americano and a blueberry cake, please."

"Yeah. I will." A familiar voice behind me said. I quickly turned around to see Mark talking with someone on his phone. Is he following me? I can't jump to conclusions. We made an eye contact. "Chorong?" He asked me, shocked.

As soon as I have my order, I went to my table and started drinking my americano. Mark unfortunately went to sit with me. I glared at him." Why are you here?" I asked him. He told me that he is waiting for his take out. " Then, find another table." I told him.

" I don't want to. I know you anyway. Why not just join you in this lonely table? And, are you not going to ask?" He asked while staring at me.  I raised an eyebrow and told him that I don't have anything to ask him. " Since you won't, I will ask you. Is Taehyung going to join you here?" He asked me.

I shook my head." Why are you asking?" I asked. He pointed outside, with Taehyung walking towards the cafe. It looks like he hasn't noticed me, yet." Oh, I forgot about him. Well, you can have your table now." I said as I run towards Taehyung from the cafe.

"Taehyung!" I shouted while waving my hand at him. He saw me then chuckled. Taehyung was about to run when Mark suddenly grabbed my hand. Mark pulled me towards him, causing for me to leap in surprise. He leaned closer to my face, leaving a few inches apart from mine. " W-What?" I stuttered.

__________________________________

                                                                                          Hello!

So, I have been away for awhile now and it is because of school. Yes. School is so stressful. But, here is an update ! THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER! I am so happy and sorry for some who waited for the update. I sincerely apologize. 

                                                                             HUGS AND KISSES!