My mother sat in front of the fire most likely sipping tea. My father sat beside her, twisting his cane with his fingers. They looked up at me when I entered. My mother motioned me to sit across from them in the leather chair and I obediently obeyed.

I sat upright, my body tense and rigged. It was past midnight. I was cold and overly exhausted. I hadn’t slept since that day with Hermione… my nightmares keeping me up and draining me of energy when I did go to sleep, even for those brief periods of times.

“Are you hungry Draco? You look thin, are you eating enough? Have you been sleeping?” My mother asked me worry in her eyes. I sighed to myself feeling defeated. I was making my mother worry over me for no reason.

“I’m fine mother,” I replied, reassuring her but she gave me a once over and knew I was lying.

“We know none of this has been easy on you Draco,” My dad said and I raised my eyebrow in curiosity. “You must believe me when I say I didn’t want you involved in any of this but it’s far too late to turn back now. If any of the others were to think we were disloyal…”

“I understand father,” I replied giving him a stiff nod. I knew we were too far in to back out. If the others thought we were disloyal they would most likely kill us. And if the Dark Lord is truly alive well I’m sure he wouldn’t approve of our family once again leaving him. It was better to be safe than sorry.

“What of that Mudblood girl, has she noticed anything?” My father asked, with a thoughtful look on his face.

“She’s completely clueless as to what is going on. She’s much too busy…entertaining herself,” I replied trying to keep the disgust and hate from my voice. I saw my mother eye me warily but my father took no notice. He simply nodded his head.

“That is good,” My father finally said.

“Is that all, if not I’ll be going,” I said and began to stand up.

“Actually no, it’s not,” My dad said and I sat back down.  “The winter holidays are coming up are they not?”

“Next week,” I replied, wondering why this was of his interest.

“We will be holding a festivity on Christmas eve for all to come and partake in. I want you to invite everyone,”

“Everyone?” I questioned, confused. Why would he want to hold a party for everyone?

“Your mother and I will handle the rest of the invitations but I want you to invite all your peers and I want you to make sure that Harry Potter and his flock of friends comes as well,” My father replied looking at me with a serious expression. My mum just stayed silent sipping her tea.

“Why? What is the point of this?”

“While we were vindicated for our crimes the rest of the wizarding world do not trust us. We need to make sure that no one will doubt that we have changed. We need to make them think that we have reformed our beliefs and views and we are no longer loyal death eaters. This is important for our mission son,” My father said with force. “The Dark Lord is rising, you can feel him growing stronger and fastening his hold on his powers once more. He’s stronger than before, our marks burn more painfully than I have ever felt in all my years of being a death eater. You must feel it too Draco? Have you not noticed your mark these past few weeks?”

I nodded looking down at my left forearm, knowing my mark was sizzling with pain at this moment. For the last few weeks it was more agitated then before and daily it acted up and flared, causing me pain in moments when I least expect it.

“It will be soon that the Dark Lord will call on us and we will be there when he does,” my dad said his eyes glinting with an expression that I knew all familiar, fear.