2.1 ❈ Arguments

He didn't remember falling asleep, but the thing waking him up was better than anything he could wake up to. Carl whispering his ears into functioning with sweet nonsensical words that Ron couldn't recognise, but they must've meant something sweet from the tone they wear spoken upon.

He opened his eyes and was greeted with a smooch to his nose. "Morning Blondie"

Ron rolled his eyes and giggled softly "You'd think you'd finally call me by my real name after what happened yesterday"

"Yesterday happened what?" Carl asked with a smirk.

Ron jabbed him into the rib cage and as he flinched the blond leaned over and pressed his lips onto the brunette, who made a surprised noise but instantly slung his arm around the boy's waist and pulled him a little closer.

Ron leaned back with a new tang of mint on his lips, smiling at the one eyed boy. "That"

"Oh, right" Carl said, diving down to give him a brief peck in response and the blond flushed "I've somethin' planned today"

"What is it?" Ron asked, raising an eyebrow and Carl continued "Lost Jollity, me and you... alone"

"You mean like, a date?" Ron quipped

"Yes." Carl said and thought it was for him to blush, the blonds cheeks just deepened its red colouring while the brunette skin stayed loyal to its colour.

But it couldn't happen, he was still grounded, three more days.

"I'd love to, Carl. But I can't" Carl frowned and so Ron lifted up his leg for him to see the ankle monitor bracelet strapped around it, a red light flickering on and off in the centre.

Carl looked at that thing with disgust.

"Yeah... I'm really sorry." Ron muttered, sighing.

The disgust cleared off his face though like a tidal weave and he was back at his reassuring smile again "Don't worry, I'll get you out, somehow"

"That's probably not a good idea, my dad... well, I just have to wait three more days..." Carl shook his head "I'll get you out, Blondie"

"Ron" The blond corrected him with hooded eyes.

"Ron." Carl fell silent for a moment then he stood up and Ron's waist felt empty like it had just loosened from a tight belt. "I'll be back" he called from the window and before he could say something he was out, the lucid curtains swaying after him in the wind.

...

He came back with a screwdriver and proudness smearing over his face like peanut butter on jelly, holding it up in the air and pressing the button twice and the machine rolled at the top with a mechanic sound

"I'm not gonna put that thing anywhere close to my body" Ron protested but Carl stepped closer to the bed nonetheless, kneeling down in front of him and planting his hand on the blonds knee. "Blon- Ron, trust me."

"How can I trust you if you can't even hold back that stupid nickname?"

He stemmed himself up with his hands on the bed frame and pressed his warm lips onto the blonds as if trying to gain his trust that way. It didn't help.

"Carl,"

"You scared of everythang' heights, horses, me" Carl pointed the end of the screwdriver at himself, and Ron cringed for a second from the thought what would happen if he accidentally slid with his finger over the button

"I'm not scared of you"

The brunette shrugged and grabbed Ron's ankle, held the screwdriver on the notch with the screw on the black bracelet and before protest could stop him, he turned on the beast and Ron yelped but it was quickly over and the bracelet clunked to the carped.