4.6 ♝ To The Wires

[ there's only going to be about two or five more chapters, it was fun to write it but it's coming to an end and this will be it. can't drag it out forever and it's probably getting boring anyways lol ]

...

This was it, Ron thought, i was going to lose an eye. He could just hope Nightmare-Carl would keep his part of the deal and give him the pills, and the most important of it all; the pills better be working.

Negan closed in on him, and out of reflex Ron's feet tried to back away but he was held down by Carl who insulted him with a big guffaw concealing the harsh meaning behind the words              
    "Ugly whore'll look like his fuck buddy. Ain't that nice?"

    "Exceedingly nice." Negan agreed. He was so close now, mustering Ron's face like a painter let's his eyes hover over his masterpiece with the spoon disguised as a paintbrush. He would draw blood all over his cheek and call it a burning lake in the sunset or a lava outburst. Ron could see it, he could imagine it picture perfect how he would scoop his eye out without batting an eye, and that would be the last thing one of his eyes was damned to see before he was left with a 2D vision.

Ron had already lost all hope in things turning his way when suddenly multiple events happened in a row like dominos falling into each other.

First, a certain music boomed loudly from every single speaker of Lost Jollity and Enid's voice shouted "Your fave, Ron!" and it did the job of distracting both Nightmare-Carl and Negan even for a split second but it was enough for the real Carl to come by and knock Nightmare-Carl away and release Ron from the hold.

Ron didn't need the following shouted "RUN!" from Carl to start moving but it got his brain working again and ripped his body out of the trance it was frozen in.

Everything went fast from then on. They crashed into the alley, running so fast that the stalls nearby looked like a mix of blurred colours, mostly red with blue and yellow lines cutting into it like lightning.

Their footsteps matched to the rhythm of the song and it sounded like noises keys from a piano make more than shoes beating into raw pavement, for the fact they were running away from their pursuers and into safety.

For awhile it was just the two of them running but then Enid dropped by and yelled at them to quicken their pace. "Run, boys, RUN!" She barely panted, soon even built the lead as her small legs carried her with ease unlike the boys behind her who had already broken out in sweat.

    "That's right; RUN, gents!" Mikey giggled between breaths as he found his way out between two stalls selling plushies and joined in on them running.

    "Why...y'all...here?!" Ron shouted in between heavy breaths, his voice vibrated from the movements of his body on the hard surface his feet landed on.

    "Explanation has time for later, jus' keep on running!" Carl voice interjected.

    "Soph, come out now!" Enid yelled at a cotton candy stall and in the next moment Sophia turned up, breaking into a jog with her feet delicately touching the ground and her arms making awkward moves that reminded Ron of a ballet dancer.

    "Knife still in place?" Carl asked, giving Sophia a side-look. She patted her belt with a holster attached to it and nodded frantically with her bangs dangling over her forehead.

They ran past countless stalls, some attraction, and it seemed like Negan and Nigtmare-Carl had lost track on them but as they got to the carousel Negan jumped out between two dobby horses and held a gun aimed at them.