3.0 ♜ Dark Tear

With every step backwards from Ron, there was a step forward from Carl

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

With every step backwards from Ron, there was a step forward from Carl. Space for more steps grew thin and his back was close to touching the enclosure of the Ferris wheel. He was going to hit it with his back any time soon and the fear build up with him even more so.

Carls eye was fogged with a dark cloud, darker and richer in colour than the ones above. Black, grey and no light, whatever happened to him, it didn't seem to be good.

Ron was desperately searching for something that could reassure him he wasn't what he think it was. He was a living flashback of his nightmare he has back at the theatre and as Ron's gaze slipped down, he noticed a bloody knife tucked in the side of his belt and it looked like he pushed it there with force because of the cut markings.

"Blondie," Carl broke into the silence and the darkness in his voice gave Ron the creeps up his body. He seemed to have noticed Ron's facial expression, because he cleared his voice before going on "Found a way out, I've come to you to finish our way back, ready?"

A smile splashed on Carl's lips and Ron felt stupid all of sudden for thinking that he somehow happened to be his nightmare. He chuckled and took the hand that Carl held out to him. "Yeah, sorry, this place freaks me out"

Carl nodded and stared at his face, his icy blue eye hung in eye contact with him like their eyeballs were cuffed to each other.

"So, uh... where's the exit?" Ron broke in, but it didn't have the effect he wanted and Carl kept staring "Follow me, babe"

Ron laughed dumbly "Babe?"

Carl didn't laugh back and just tugged him along with him, which Ron found quite harsh but he followed him nonetheless without any second thoughts "Yes. Follow me, babe"

"Okeyyy" They strolled among the stands, each one shadowed by their rows and their colour grey from the night.

They walked past the bar and Negan was behind it and he send a smile to Carl. Indeed, he was the only person attentive in the funfair, beside himself, Carl, that girl and his friends. His friends. Ron came to a halt suddenly and it yanked Carl to a stop as well, he gave a angry huff and titled his head slowly to him "Something wrong, babe?"

"Uh, we cant leave without the others"

Carl didn't think long and closed in on him, giving him a reassuring kiss on the lips before he locked their eyes again. Ron's lips felt static after this. "They gone already, with car. We have nice walk home. Sounds good?"

"No?" Ron couldn't tell if he was joking, but as the smile faded from Carl's face he knew that he was indeed being serious "Its dark, we might bump into walkers"

"I keep you safe." Carl stated and it sounded more like a threat than anything else.

"Okay, well, if you say so" Ron hadn't even finished the sentence as he was tugged along the littered streets once again. The cool breath of the night air seeping through his clothes and he started to shiver a little so he speed up his pace a little

The thing that Carl had found as exit turned out to be a huge gash in a fence by the butt of the funfair, and they pressed their bodies through it till they set foot into the forrest that stretched out in front of them.

Ron started walked but Carl pulled him into the other direction.

"Um, Carl. The road is the other way"

"Going different way" Carl replied coolly.

Ron stopped and jerked Carl around so he would look at him then he stroked Carl's cheek gently and the pad of his finger caught a droplet of the red blood, he mustered his face "Are you alright? Did you get hurt when you went off? You're acting really, odd..."

"No," Carl replied, his eye had a steady look at Ron "Everything's fine, babe. Don't worry" he settled his lips on his counterpart and Ron just let it happen, he was worried for Carl. Maybe something happened to him in his absence and it made him worry so much that he acted out of character.

...

It must've been at least three hours that had passed by and they still didn't find a trace of Ron, they even asked barkeeper Negan but he denied that he had seen him. And if it was for Carl he would have threatened him with his gun, but decided against it, so he kept on searching with Enid. The others had given up on their friend already and just stayed by the girl.

And Carl was really starting to panic and it all got worse when he started feeling the symptoms jumping in of not taking his prescribed pills. It really made the search for him harder but thankfully Enid helped him so it wasn't as bad as if he were to be alone.

"It's like the ground had eaten him" Enid exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air after stepping out of the theatre.

Carl gave a last glance at the rows of seats before he stepped back into the cold night. "Can't be gone. Must be here..."

"We haven't checked the other attractions yet, maybe he's somewhere by the roller coasters" Enid suggested.

"He hates them" Carl argued but followed nonetheless