2.2 ❁ First Kisses

They drove away with their friends squeezed together in the backseat, Mikey on the far left with Lydia on his lap, Enid and Sophia on the other seats and Carl was driving the car with Ron as shotgun.

They had argued before leaving who would be driving the car because of Carl's ever so bad skills to rule the vehicle but he ever so declined anyone else to drive, for he didn't plan in first place to take the others with them and so the argument died before they got into the car.

"Your hair smells mad good" Mikey singsonged, his voice muffled as he pressed his face into the blond girls neck and she giggled, placing her hands on the arms of the boy which were wrapped around her waist "Thanks, teddy bear"

"Teddy bear?" Ron snorted from the front, giving his friend a side-look

"They've been calling each other a variety of nicknames," Enid explained, rolling her eyes and avoiding a look at the couple at all costs "When you were grounded, at least"

"Oh" Ron laughed and fell back in his cheer, stealing a look at Carl and thinking about possible nicknames for him. Cyclops, Honey, Gypsy, Brownie....

No

he swatted that idea away, as for they sounded painfully absurd from his lack in creativity and the other reason being; Carl would probably never stop calling him Blondie if he gave him a nickname now as well.

"This reminds me!" Lydia spurted, ripping Ron out of his thoughts "Soph, my gloss"

"Of course" Sophia chirped and began cramming in a rose-red pouch that Lydia had given to her before to carry as for there wasn't much room on her own lap since sitting on Mikey.

A transparent long stick was pulled out of it and handed to Lydia who took it and twisted the black cap open, applying the wet liquid that stuck on the brush to her lips. A sweet scent of raspberries perfumed the air and Ron wondered if it was something edible.

"What is that?" Ron asked, curiously looking at it and it confused him even more so as she closed the wand again and let the wetness stick to her lips.

"Lipgloss," Carl replied shortly, without turning around to look as if he was already used to her doing it and could tell by just the scent

"Carl knows" Lydia giggled, looking at him proudly with a sleek smile on her glossy lips and reached out with her arm to pat Carl's shoulder who huffed out air but smiled as well.

"Of course he would know" Mikey mocked him, wrapping his arms tighter around the girl as if he was jealous that he wasn't in on it "He probably uses it himself, the way he interacts with Ron"

"Mikey" Ron snapped, turning around briskly to give him a warning look and Mikey ducked under it "You forgot under what conditions you were allowed to come? If so, the door is right there and you can drop out anytime if you think this behaviour is acceptable"

"Okay, dad" Mikey said mockingly but shut his mouth.

The car fell silent until Carl spoke up

"No he's right.." All eyes fell on him and Ron stopped breathing "I did use it myself... unintentionally... right Lydia?"

Lydia giggled "Yes, indeed, I smeared it all over your lips when we kissed... long time ago, though"

Mikey was dumbfounded, his nostrils flared up and before he could so much as throw something back at Carl, Enid poked him "Calm down, Michael. You don't really think that someone like her has never kissed anyone before, do you"

Mikey grunted something and everyone fell into laughter at the jealous boy. Sure, Ron felt a little jealous as well but he knew that Carl and Lydia were just good friends and he himself was guilty as well of kissing someone else before Carl.

"This reminds me, Ron" Enid began, calming a little from her laughter "Wasn't I your first kiss? Gosh I feel like I still have your spit sticking somewhere on my mouth"

"Hey! I didn't know what I was doing okey?" Ron defended himself, feigning that he was offended but he started laughing dumbly anyways.

After another burst of laughs, Carl threw in "Me too, Enid" and everyone in the backseat gasped surprised, including Ron from the passenger seat next to Carl.

"You mouth fucked each other?!" Mikey blurted into the silence, slowly getting over his jealousy now that he knew the two boys kissed

"No, he was joking..." Ron said quietly and he could feel the brunettes eye on him for a brief second before he fixated his eye back on the steering wheel. The car rowed.

"Sure, Ron" Enid mocked then titled her head to say something to Sophia who had been quiet the entire ride.

Ron rolled his eyes, then bend over and opened the brown glove box, peeking into it and finding a book inside it and he buried his face deep in it, busying himself.

The landscape behind the car windows transitioned from dense evergreens to open land one by one and soon they parked in front of the gate. Someone must've cut back the ivy and unrooted the bushes because the plant grew decently on the corners, looking neat and pretty with the gold shine of the sun on the smooth leaves.

It looked clear and tidy, instantly noticeable that this was a funfair and not an abandoned graveyard. With the bushes gone, you could already see the attractions from far away.

People entered the funfair, mothers and fathers with children, dressed well as if they just came out of time machine from post apocalypse. A trio of blond haired children, possibly from the same family, bounded straight to a stand with cotton candy. A young couple with their arms hooked together, a lady with red lipstick on and her partner with a black bowel hat, headed for a building with bright lights flickering in the windows and Ron assumed that it must've been a disco because of the dancing people in front of it. A bodyguard with black glasses and black suit stood by the door but he didn't seem too bothered about who was going in and out of the door as he flirted with a middle aged women with a cocktail dress and a filled-to-the-top wine glass in her hand.

Someone poked Ron softly and his head tipped to the side as Carl turned to face him, he hooked their arms together just like the couple he had seen before. "So you don't get lost" he explained himself as they earned weird looks from their gang.

Ron nodded, he was fine with it and started walking among the hoard of people with their friends towrope.