4.8 ♗ Negative

The sky grizzled behind puffy clouds which extended with the time rolling by

The sky grizzled behind puffy clouds which extended with the time rolling by. Afternoon was slipping towards evening. In an hour the sky would take on an illuminating dark shade with stars sparkling by, and this on the other hand meant that Sophia better hurried before she was stuck in the electrical-control pod in the heart of the Ferris wheel which had giant jagged stars on both sides of the pod in centre.

Sophia climbed towards the middle of the Ferris wheel that looked like a miniature Eiffel tower, she moved agilely and nifty, grasping with her hands in all the right places to move forward with two legs on one pole. She shambled her left foot laterally and her right foot followed shortly after while her hands gripped a pole that levelled with her head. Carl was close behind her, but in the middle of the pole he stopped and just made sure she was getting safely on the other side while the concrete beneath them sent deceptive welcoming smiles towards them, as if luring them to take a jump to meet it with their feet.

Ron cringed for so many reasons; for one, because Sophia carried a knife with her and was in danger of cutting herself on it and the other reason being she was on a hazardous place overall. Hence it prickled under Ron's skin by just watching her endangering herself so selflessly and it only struck him now how courageous she was for he had stamped her as a shy and rather anxious girl.

    "Beanies! You love your beanie!" Enid called out next to him and Ron flinched from the volume of her voice "Think about how good you feel after it covers your matted, greasy hair"

    "Now thats a way to peep talk him into thinking positive" Mikey said with a eye roll.

Enid gave him a side-eye "Well, how about you take over if you believe your better at it, huh?" The space sizzled between the two and it set and entrance for negative thoughts inside Ron's mind as the situation reminded him of his parents fighting. Internally he hoped the fight between their friends would stay verbal and then right after hoping that, he felt stupid for thinking they would actually throw fists.

    "No interest in comforting a pussy, so no thanks" Mikey replied.

Enid's fist lunged out and landed with a hefty smack against Mikey's cheek. Ron didn't feel stupid anymore for his previous thoughts.

...

Carl plopped back inside their pod when Sophia had made it for the middle and he instantly scorned at Enid and Mikey who's arms were entangled in a fight caused by Mikey's lack of self-control with remarks.
"Hey! Break if off! Enid! You were supposed to make sure Ron's thinking positive!" he hollered at the girl then grabbed Mikey by the collar of his shirt and tossed him on the bench opposite to Ron's.

    "He started!" Enid accused Mikey, pointing at him with a red face, steam seemed to come out of her ears so mad did she look.

    "She told me to take her shift!" Mikey defended himself, crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid "I'm not Ron's therapist."