1.0 ❉ The Sun And Her Flowers

you cannot walk in and out of melike a revolving doori have too many miracles happening inside meto be your convenient option

you cannot
walk in and out of me
like a revolving door
i have too many miracles
happening inside me
to be your convenient option

-not your hobby

Ron had already grabbed another book from the stack called the sun and her flowers from rupi kaur. A pretty depressing poetry book which he read to the middle in almost no time since every page just contained one single poem, sometimes they were long or just a sentence but it kept him entertained while Carl hushed through the room, working on the door and sweared from time to time as he did so. There was just nothing that could be done to open this stubborn lock and it was getting to the scavenger nerves really quick.

Rons eyes darted from left to right as he read through the short poems, flipping ten pages in two minutes, it was hard to read with Carl's distracting noises; footsteps, scratching sounds of the metal thing he stuck inside the lock, noises coming from the lock itself and the occasional swears that he spit out. But he did his best to ignore him, while his eyes got heavier with each word they traces. After all he was woken up in the middle of his sleep and he wasn't used to be up at night so it was understandable that he was slowly getting tired. He even though about laying himself on the rubbery floor to have a nap but he sure wouldn't be able to sleep through the noises and Carl probably wouldn't let him. And if he did, maybe he wouldn't wake him up and then Ron would need to explain to Olivia why he was here and why the door had new scratches.
That surely would be hard to explain.

"Shit locks, good for nothin..." Carl mumbled under his breath "Waste of time... what bullshit" he knelt to the door handle again but threw his hands up right away and stood up, diving his fingers into the long, brown lengths of his hair, pulling on them as if he tried to pluck them out.

"We can quit, if you want" Ron suggested, without looking up.

Carl planted his hands on his hips and stared at the lock with his eyes squinted and his chest lurching with heavy breaths. He shook his head slowly "Can't give up, I need those guns"

"Why?" Ron asked, finally speaking out his thoughts that he had kept on hold "The walls are keeping us safe, there's nothing to worry about... unless, you want to harm someone yourself..."

Carl threw a look full of disgust at him "Me? No! I'm no bad guy. Just can't depend on some shabby walls..." his voice faded silent as he noticed how loud he was and for a moment he just stood there listening to any sounds coming from up the house.

Ron panicked, closing the book as he listened as well but sighed out relieved when everything stayed put. "We need to be quiet" he said

"Need to stop talking as well" Carl growled back at him and moved over to a rack, searching inside a box filled with screwdrivers.

Rons mouth fell open from the brunettes boy's remark and the harshness that swung within his voice, after all he mustn't have helped him in first place, treating him like shit now was just rude. He snapped back an equally as harsh-sounding remark "You do know I didn't have to help your rude ass, right?"