2.3 ❃ Flashy Lights

The music screamed into their ears from the music blasters as they entered the flashy club with dancing people on all spots. Whoever ran this place clearly didn't give two fucks about possibly attracting walkers, but then again, it was a long time since Ron had seen a walker. In the forrest with Carl to be more specific.

Ron was overwhelmed from the movements at every corner, every inch of this hall was occupied with all kinds of people. From classy ladies to drunks with an unappetising appearance, they were all in the mix.

His friends must've been feeling the same way because they faltered and observed the new place with straying eyes flicking everywhere.

Mikey was the first one to act, he swung on arm around Ron's shoulder and said cheery "Ron, this day you have to unleash your inner pussy slayer" he pointed at about all those potentially brainless whores dancing in the middle of the dance floor that was tiled in neon colours, switching from one colour to another.

"I think I pass, thanks" Ron said politely and he saw how Carl disconnected himself from the group, Ron wanted to walk after him but Mikey still held onto him. "C'mon Ron, weeks ago we thought that either of us only had from Enid to choose, NOW LOOK AT THIS VARIETY!"

Ron looked. And decided that the thing of his choice was the handsome brunette boy who had settled for a flat red couch, eyes downcast and seemingly disinterested to party.

He shrugged Mikey's arm away from him "Sorry to break it to you; but I am not interested"

Mikey pulled his eyebrows together and threw his arms in the air "Are you serious? Oh whatever, was just tryna'help my mate" he shrugged and connected his hand with Lydia's who had put another layer of lipgloss on her lips in the meantime and Enid and Sophia snaked in between the dancing people.

The music throbbed down in his ears while he felt his shoes vibrating each time they hit the ground as he was walking. Never had he ever been at a club and he didn't fancy it too much either.

He slumped next to Carl and the brunette slung his arm around the backrest of Ron's spot on the sofa "Not feelin' dancety, drinkety?"

"What?" Ron chuckled then shook his head "No, not really... the smell kind of turned me off" he said, the mix of sweat and body odour almost went down with the stinging scent of alcohol and smoke, yet it was clearly there in the air.

He reclined to the sofa and felt the warmth coming from Carl's arm and quickly felt saved from the overwhelming place.

"Wan' drink?" Carl cooed close to his ear and Ron's heart flattered.

"Kinda... depends if you drink with me?"

Carl looked at Ron for a moment before he nodded slowly "Sure."

He stood up and disappeared in the crowd and the sofa felt cold again. Ron felt lost, the music boomed into his ears again without Carl's presence shielding him from it. But luckily Carl was back soon with two green drinks in his hand which were filled into long glasses and red straws stuck out of them, paper umbrellas right next to them.

"What is that?" Ron asked curiously, he inspected it and turned it around as Carl handed him one.

"Don't know"

Ron sniffed the drink and his palm felt like it was freezing from the cold temperature of it. The sweet smell of watermelon and marshmallows seduced him to take a sip and he wasn't disappointed; it almost tasted as it smelled just with a fine alcoholic tang to it.

He leaned back and closed his eyes, savouring the taste as he let a mouthful stay in his mouth to warm it up before swallowing it. "That's good" He hummed.

Carl smiled at him, taking a sip as well. "Yes,"

Ron slurped the drink down to the middle and it froze his brain from the cold shock, almost making him blur out the dancing, sweaty people and roaring noises. He didn't even notice when a couple came past them with a hefty brawl. But what he did notice was Carl's blue eye hanging on him in an almost unblinking way, watching his every movement as if he was the most interesting movie to him.

Ron poked Carl back to earth and as he found himself out of his stare, Ron leaned over and placed his lips tenderly on his friends lips, mixing their saliva which tasted like a cloud of marshmallows. (The sweetness of it made up for the bitter thang lingering there as well)

The drinks were dumped on the floor and their hands were free again to touch the foreign to them bodies. Sliding under their clothes and explore the skin underneath.

Carl leaned back, and as their eyes locked, Ron felt a spark amidst his chest.

It was just them now, the people around them didn't matter, not even their friends.

Carl stole himself with a decision as he leaned closer and reconnected their sweet lips, pressing the blond lightly down on the flat and hard surface of the sofa. Ron gave him the approval, even pulled him closer with his arms wrapping around his neck.

Their lips danced to the rhythm of the music and their each other served as the dance floor, Ron's whole body tingled for more, his hand grasped onto Carl's shirt and wandered down to his crotch. He touched the bulge amidst it but as a moan escaped Carl's mouth he backed away from the kiss, hovering over Ron's face with a rather shocked look within him.

"You okay?" Ron asked airly, the fuzzy feeling turned to shame quickly and he pulled his hand to himself.

Carl looked away, fixating the red sofa before he sat up again, catching his breath and Ron copied him "Sorry, there's people"

Ron blushed a little and his eyes strayed over to the dance floor, some people were actually gawking into their direction but as they met Ron's eyes they looked away quickly and continued dancing. Only a guy with a black bowler hat, which Ron had seen before on the street, held his gaze and Ron was the one to look away this time. "You're right..."

They were silent for a moment and the music took over.

"Blondie,"

Ron looked at Carl, raising an eyebrow.

"Want ride on rollercoaster?" His smile was back on his lips and Ron could almost forget about the awkward situation of before "Sure, though you'll need to let me squeeze your hand, i'm shit scared of heights"

Carl took his hand and pulled them up from the sofa. "Let's go then"

They abandoned the two drinks by the floor and went out into cotton candy perfumed air of the funfair.