😌Moving On🔜

A/N: We're making progress!

3!

[2 weeks timeskip]

Your P.O.V.

I think I've been looking at Paris' picture in my phone for eternity.

I still don't understand why he did that. That's like one of the most idiotic things a person can do.

A knock came in my door, stopping my train of thought.

I quickly wiped my tears away. "Come in," I called.

"Hey," Minuet greeted. "You okay?"

"Totally," I gave him a weak smile. "Paris' death is still fresh in my brain... but I'm fine."

June followed behind him. "Are you sure? This is a lot to take in and it's gonna be hard to move on."

"I know, but he's in a better place now." I sighed. "Where's Eiffelle?"

Minuet pointed outside. "She fell asleep on my bed not too long ago."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Your bed? Oh god, please don't do weird things to the kid."

"What? Why would I do that to Eiffelle if I want to do that to you?" He smirked.

"The heck?!" I threw a pillow at him.

We laughed.

"But yeah, Eiffelle's out," June confirmed. "Probably cried herself to sleep."

I chewed the inside of my cheek. "I just feel so bad for her. Paris is the only relative she's left, and now... well, you can fill in the blanks yourselves."

Minuet sat on the edge of my bed. "Still hurts?"

I nodded while wiping my nose with my sleeve. "Eiffelle lost her brother, and I just lost a friend. But yeah, it still hurts."

"But everyone will ask what happened to Paris back in Japan, in school. How will we answer that?" June asked me.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. But I hid the body with my magic, no one will see it. I just don't know how we'll tell the others."

My phone chimed. "Sorry, mom's calling." I placed my phone near my ear. "Yes, mom?"

"Y/N, we'll leave in a few minutes." She reminded. "Are you ready?"

I looked out of the window. "Yeah, I am. You... you understand everything we told you about Paris, right?"

"Of course pumpkin, and I'm so sorry for Eiffelle. Believe me, I'm doing my best to find her a good family." Then she paused. "Or... you want us to adopt her?"

My eyes widened. "Wait, are you serious?" I looked back at Minuet and June, and they got these worried faces.

"That's why I'm asking you if it's okay. I'm fine either way too. It's your decision, Y/N."

I bit my lip. Okay, so it's either Eiffelle will be stuck with a family she doesn't know, or I- myself- will be stuck with her.

"I'm... not yet sure, mom. But I'll decide soon."

"Hopefully. Now, finish packing your things, and let's go. You guys meet me near the Eiffel Tower, okay? I love you, munchkin!"

"Yeah, sure. Love you too!" I hung up.

"What's wrong?" Minuet asked me.

"Mom said she's searching for a good family for Eiffelle. It's either that or we can adopt her ourselves instead. And the decision's mine." I explained. "Oh, and we should meet mom near the Eiffel Tower."

They looked back at Eiffelle.

I rolled my eyes. "Haha, you and your puns, very funny. Now let's go before the plane takes off without us."

"Copy that! I'll just wake Eiffelle up." June went outside.

Minuet looked at me. "Are you really okay?"

"Didn't I answer that question before?" I laughed. "But yeah, I am. Thanks for your concern."

He gave me a sideways hug. "Everything will be alright, 'kay?"

I shrugged. "I wish,"

"Like what you told Eiffelle, Paris is always right here." He pointed to his chest. "Unless if you forget the guy."

I shoved him tiredly. "Never."
I noticed June leaning against the doorframe. "More drama?"

"Unfortunately." Minuet chuckled, standing up. "So, are we going or nah?"

June's eyes lit up. "Last one out's the rotten egg!" She ran downstairs.

"Hey!" Minuet stomped his foot, then chased her. "No fair, you've got a headstart!"

I shaked my head while laughing. "They're already 17 years old, are you kidding?"

I sighed, then looked at my luggage. "Well, I think I've got everything. Books, paper, clothes, pens, phone... oh wait."

I pulled my drawer open, then picked my necklace up. "Got ya."

Then I noticed a black notebook below the drawer. "I think I've seen this before... but where?"