Heaven

- TYLER -

We sat in the car in comfortable silence. I think both of us accepted that we weren't going to bring up what had happened. We were both more comfortable and happier when we were together, and why ruin that by bringing up something that had upset us?

"Heaven" by Bryan Adams came on the radio, and Troye immediatley turned it up. He started humming along, softly while tapping on the steering wheel.

I watched him, smiling, enjoying the way he allowed himself to get lost in the music. It was one of the reasons that I loved him. He wasn't like other teenagers who would just dance along to music or have "favorite songs". It was a passion of his, one of his many passions, and he truly appreciated music.

"...and baby, you're all that I want

When you're lying here in my arms

I'm finding it hard to believe

We're in heaven..." he sings softly.

I sigh, hearing his soothing voice.

"I like it when you sing this song" I mumble, feeling sleepy.

"Oh, thanks" he says, I can see him blushing a little bit.

He stops singing.

"Troye, you wrote a song about me. I think it's safe to say that I've heard you sing before" I tell him.

"Shut up" he replies, smiling.

He starts singing again, and my heart beats to the rhythm of his voice. My eyes droop as the sound of his voice pushes my eyelids down into a light sleep.

- TROYE -

Once he's asleep, I stop singing because I don't want to wake him up.

He stirs a bit, his eyebrows knitting in confusion in his unconsciousness.

He starts squirming around more, and I am suddenly desperate to sooth him again.

I can't touch him, I'm driving.

I do the only thing I can.

I sing.

"Love is all that I need

And I found it there in your heart

It isn't too hard to see

We're in heaven..." I sing softly, allowing my genuine love for him to seep into my voice.

I watch his features relax. I can't believe I can do that to him. Make him relax when he is sleeping. I feel pride bubbling inside my chest with a familiar emotion that I know all too well. The emotion of my heart heating up the rest of my body as I study Tyler's face.

A loud honk breaks my thoughts.

Shit.

I was driving. Right. Focus on driving.

I keep singing to prevent Tyler from waking up, and soon we've arrived.

We're at my house.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and begin the process of waking up Tyler.

"Ty?" I ask softly, tapping on his arm.

He groans and snuggles further into the seat.

I smile at him, fondly. I missed watching him snuggle into things. Of course, I would prefer it if he was snuggling into me, but that would have to wait until we get to the house.