Sweaters

- TYLER -

I was fresh, awake, and ready for the day. I must say, being woken up by Troye sure has its perks. I could get used to being woken up by Troye. 

I had taken a shower, gotten dressed, and done my hair. I was currently sitting on the neatly made bed, courtesy of Troye, he cleans while he thinks. My laptop was resting on a pillow as I scrolled through my newest uploaded video and read the comments.

I kept glancing out the rainy window. I didn't want to get sick, I am traveling all May. If I get sick, I'm screwed. But I don't have any sweaters with me...just rain gear. I'm so stupid sometimes. Everyone outside is wearing sweaters, and I didn't even bring one. Troye had told me on skype before we came to bring a sweater. I had told him I would be fine. I should have listened to him. 

Troye stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

I stared him up and down and let out a low whistle.

He turned around and rolled his eyes at me.

"Is this your present to me? Cause I already love it" I say, staring at his exposed chest.

"Shut up" he laughs.

"OH WAIT. That reminds me! I never got to give you your present!!" he exclaims.

My eyes widened in excitement as I clapped my hands together. 

He ran into the bathroom and returned in record time, but now fully clothed. I pouted once I saw his covered body, and he whacked the back of my head.

"Focus, Tilly. Open it" he says.

I look at his eager face. Just to bother him, I tear the wrapping paper, painfully slow. I hear him groan with impatience. 

I take a minute to get this one piece of tape off the wrapping paper...almost got it...almost there...

Troye snatches the present out of my hands, rips it open, and then tosses it back into my lap.

I laugh at his childness. But, he keeps pointing to the present eagerly. 

I look at it, and my face lights up.

"Troye!! Is this...?" I look at him, happily.

"It is!! It's my sweater!" he says, smiling.

"Troye. Come on, you don't have to give me your sweater. It's yours. I'll just buy the same one." I say handing him his sweater.

"No. I want you to have mine. I already bought a new one for me. But, I want you to have mine. You've always loved it." he replies, giving me back his sweater.

I bury my face in the familiar scent of Troye, instantly feeling comforted.

I pull him in for a hug, and once again find myself buried in his chest. 

"Plus, it'll be a reminder of me when I go back ho-" 

"Don't" I interrupt him.

"Tilly. Come on, we've talked about this. I can't stay here forever" he says combing his fingers through my hair.

I only let Troye touch my hair. Mostly because no matter how much he touches it, it never gets messed up. It almost looks better after he's put his fingers through my hair. Plus, it feels good. But only when Troye does it. I SWEAR he has like magic hands or something with his hair-touching and massages.

"But you promised you'd never leave me" I mumbled into his chest.

 He sighs, and lies down on the bed, my body lying down with him.

My head still lies on his chest, and the sound of his stead breathing soothes me.

"No. I promised that I'd always be with you. And I will always be with you." he explains.

"Promise you won't leave me, then." I insist.

"No." Troye replies.

"Why not?" I ask, getting emotional.

"Because I don't make promises I can't keep. Tyler, listen to me. I'm not going physically be with you every single minute. But whenever you need me, just call me. Okay? Whenever you need strength or you need me. I'll be right there beside you. But, I can't stay forever. I won't always physically be with you, but I will always be with you." he says into my hair. 

I nod into his chest, always amazed by his beautiful mind. 

"I'm just going to miss you..." I trail off.

"I know, but I'm not going anywhere yet. I'm still here." he says, squeezing me. 

I sigh into him. Surrounded by his scent, his arms, and his presence. And suddenly, I feel at home. 

"Ok, let's go. The boys will be wondering where we are." Troye says, getting up. I go with him, and once I sit up, I pull on his sweater he gave me.

I smile once I have it on, but I have to roll up the sleeves because they're too big on me. 

Once I roll them up, Troye walks over to me, and rolls them down a bit.

"I like how it's big on you. It's cute." he winks. I smile at him and roll my eyes, but keep the sleeves rolled down.

He walks over to his suitcase and pulls out an identical, new sweater and pulls it on.

I wrinkle my nose when seeing it. Yeah, it's cute. And it's the same color as the one Troye gave me. And it's the same style. And it's the same exact sweater. But that sweater's not Troye's. That sweater doesn't have his scent on it. That sweater doesn't feel as inviting. That sweater doesn't feel like home. 

Sure, my sweater is old. And it smells like Troye. And the edges are frayed. And it's thinner because it's so worn out from me borrowing it from Troye all the time. But it was Troye's. And now it's mine. And now when I wear it, it feels like I'm wearing one of Troye's hugs. I don't want a new, mall-scented, thick sweater. I want Troye's old sweater. And I have Troye's old sweater. And I love it. I love this old, used, worn out, grey, cable-knit sweater. Simply because it was Troye's.

A/N:

TRIPLE UPDATE. CAN I GET A WOOT WOOT??

Anyways if you guys are confused...

Troye gave Tyler one of his sweaters as a present. (You know...the Troyler sweater they both have or share or whatever) 

And Tyler loves his present (Troye's old sweater) simply because it was Troye's. And he much rather would have Troye's old sweater than a new sweater, because he likes the fact that it was Troye's sweater. 

So yeah...s'cute right??

Alright, love y'all <3

comment/vote

y'know the drill :)

LOVE YOU MY PRECIOUS ANGEL FACE GUMDROPS 

<3

xxxx