Airports

- TYLER -

I sighed, dragging my feet to my airport terminal. I was going to see Troye soon. And we hadn't talked much since that phone call. I mean we would have little texts here and there, but nothing much. I really didn't want things to be awkward, but I didn't know if they could be the same again.

The worst part of all of this was that I was getting emotional stress, and Troye always helped me when I felt like this. And he wasn't here to help me, so it kept getting worse. At one point, I had to go to the doctor to get myself a shoulder brace because I was "putting too much stress on myself".

You think I want this to happen? You think I want to be in love with my best friend? You think I want to be in love with a man who is everything I want, but society will call him "too young" or that he "lives too far away"? You don't think I know he is 6 years younger than me? You don't think it hurts me that I have to check if he will be awake before I call him? You don't think it rips me apart that the man I love isn't here to calm me down and comfort me? You don't think it absolutley kills me that Troye doesn't love me?

I ignore my thoughts because I know if I keep thinking, my shoulder will get worse. And I don't want Troye to get worried when he first sees me.

"FLIGHT 598 TO PERTH, AUSTRALIA IS LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES" 

I walk into the terminal.

Here we go.

- TROYE -

I'm waiting in the airport to pick up Tyler. He told me he would get a cab, but one month ago I would have picked him up so I'm picking him up now. We need to get back to normal.

I was so nervous, I couldn't keep still.

I was pacing. Then I was checking my phone. Then I was pacing again. Then I bought Tyler flowers. Then I gave the flowers to someone else because I thought I was coming on too strong. Then I almost asked for the flowers back. Then I checked my phone. Then I sat down and took some deep breaths.

By this time, people were looking at me like I was crazy. In a way I guess I was crazy.

Crazy enough to be in love with my best friend.

I ran my hands through my hair, regretting not putting it into a quiff. But, Tyler always told me he liked my hair down because it showed off my "natural beauty". I smiled at the memory. It seemed so long ago. I wonder if we would ever get back to that. The playful flirting, the kisses, the cuddles.

I missed it.

I felt a tear falling down my face, and I quickly ran into the bathroom to get a hold of myself.

Then I started pacing in the bathroom.

Clearly, I was a mess.

Then I cried some more.

God, I'm pathetic.

I exited the bathroom, finally prepared for Tyler. 

But, nothing could prepare me for what I saw.

I see Tyler searching the airport, standing on his tiptoes to look over people. Who is he looking for?

After a bit of looking, his face falls as he pulls out his phone.

I start walking towards his short frame.

I walk past all my feelings.

I walk past the last 2 weeks of crap we've been through.

I walk past all the complications.

I walk past the awkwardness.

I walk past the heartbreak.