Perfect Moments

- TROYE -

As I searched for the medicine, my mind was racing, thinking of why Tyler had fainted. I was with him for most of day. I don't remember anything happening. 

My stomach grumbled and I walked over to the pantry, pulling out a bag of pretzels. I decided on getting Tyler a bag as well. 

I walked over to the couch and found a spare set of sweats and a soft shirt, and quickly slipped them on. I knew that Tyler would want to sleep soon, and I wouldn't have time to change when he was in the room.

Man, Tyler must be starving. We both skipped breakfast, I went out with Sam for lunch while Tyler was at his meet up, and we hadn't had dinner. 

Wait.

I had lunch...but did Tyler?

Oh my god...

He hasn't eaten all day.

I groan and almost hit myself on the face. He always forgets to take care of himself. I should have reminded him to eat something. 

I grab more food from the pantry, take the medicine, tuck my laptop under my arm, and walk back into Zoe's bedroom.

I see Tyler snuggled underneath the covers, he was shivering. 

I drop all the food on the table next to the bed, and slide in next to him.

As soon as he feels me settle into the bed, he turns towards me and cuddles into my chest.

I put my arm around his shivering body and pull him close.

His arm is loosely wrapped around my torso, but I am desperately pulling him closer to my body, trying to warm him up.

"Ty..." I start.

His greeny blue eyes look up at me, and I find myself at a loss of words once again.

You know that thing Tyler does? When he looks up and he looks so innocent and adorable. That's what he was doing. And it was melting my heart. 

I sighed, knowing that I had to talk about this.

"Have you eaten anything today?" I ask, tentatively.

His body freezes, and his gaze shifts away from my face.

His fingers begin to twirl around the hem of my t-shirt.

He shrugs and doesn't look at me.

I scoot out from underneath him and shift down in the bed, so we are lying on our sides, face-to-face.

"Tyler..." I say.

"No" he mumbles.

I sigh and run my hand through his hair.

"Tilly, you have to take care of yourself" I say.

"Why can't you just do it for me?" he whines.

I smile at him.

"You must be the laziest person I have ever met" I reply.

"Is that a yes?" he asks.

"Tilly, I will always take care of you. But, you have to put some effort into it. Your health and safety comes first. You can't do this to yourself. You can't get swallowed up in work, and forget that you need food to live" I explain.

"I just...I just forget sometimes." he whispers.

"I know. But, you can't. This is more important than work." I say, my thumb rubbing circles into his cheekbones.