Locks of Friendship

- TROYE -

My head was lying on Tyler's stomach, and I could feel myself dozing off to the movement of his steady breathing. I was still curled up in between his legs, and Tyler had draped the blankets around us.

As I could feel myself falling asleep, I was woken up by a finger poking my cheek. My eyes fluttered open, as I squinted to see who dares to poke me while I was sleeping. Tyler was staring at my face, his finger frozen 1 inch away from my cheek.

"TYLAHHH...." I groaned, flipping over and burying my head in his stomach. 

"Troyeee I'm hungryyyy" he whined.

"Then go eat"

"Okay"

When he started to get up, I quickly wrapped my arms around his torso, refusing to let him move. 

"You have to let me go, so I can eat" he said.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Troye, I will pick you up and take you with me" Tyler warned.

"No" I repeated, burying my face further into him to hide my smile. My eyes drifted up to lock with his, and a smirk hinted at his lips.

"Alright, you asked for it" Tyler said, grunting as he got up, dragging me along with him.

---

- TYLER -

I had literally dragged Troye out of bed. I was hungry, and I wasn't going to go alone. Besides, I wanted to take him somewhere.

We were wandering the streets of Italy, I had a feeling he had no clue where we were. But I knew exactly where to go. 

I started walking in the direction that I had remembered. When I was younger, my mom and I had come to Italy together. This was about the time that I told her I was gay.

- FLASHBACK -

She took me to a bridge that was completely covered in locks. 

"Tyler," she had said, "I want you to come here one day. No, it doesn't  have to be with your lover or your husband or your boyfriend. I want you to come here one day with the person you trust most, other than me," she winked as she said that part, "I want you to come here and show that person that you care about them. Whether it is your best friend, your boyfriend, your soulmate. Whoever. I just want you to bring them here." 

As a young boy, I didn't understand the significance of this bridge. That is, until my mom pulled out a lock of her own and wrote my name on it and locked it onto the bridge. Then, she pulled out another lock and wrote both of our names on it and locked it onto the bridge as well.

"The one with both of our names shows that I will always love you and be with you. No matter what. I love you" she said.

"What about the other one with just my name on it?" I asked her.

"That one is here for a reason. I want you to come back with that person and see this lock. Tyler, I want you to be yourself. This lock is a promise to always be yourself. This lock shows that you will always love yourself. No matter what. Okay?" she explained.

I nodded back to her, memorizing the place where our locks were.

- END OF FLASHBACK -

"Tilly, where are we going? Are we lost?" Troye asked.

"No, I know exactly where we are going." I said back, as we reached the bridge.

I heard the breath leave Troye's lungs as he looked at the hundreds of locks in amazement. 

I looked for the heart-shaped wire my mom had put our locks on. Once I found it, I called Troye over.

"Oh my god...is that yours?" he asked, pointing at the lock smiling.

"Yeah" I said and I pulled out a lock.

I saw the confused look on his face as he looked at me. I began telling him the entire story of how my mom brought me here and what I had promised her.

"That one's for you, Troye. I wan-" I started to say.

"Tyler..." his voice croaking with emotion.

"No, just hear me out. I know we joke around and laugh and stuff...but...um...your like my best friend. And yes, Korey is also my best friend...but theres something different about us. I don't know...I just feel it, you know? I want you to write your name on this lock and make the same promise that I made to my mom. Because I think your amazing. And I think you should love yourself. So I want you to promise that you always will." I say as I start writing his name on the lock.

"And I once heard that your soulmate isn't necessarily your lover, your soulmate can be your best friend. And Troye, I think your my soulmate." I told Troye, as I handed him the lock. 

He took the lock from my hands, and to my surprise he locked his own lock onto mine from 12 years ago.

"Tilly, I promise. But I also promise, that no matter what happens, I'll be there. Right next to you, to always remind you just how wonderful you are. I'll be there for you, maybe not in person all the time, but I will be there for you. I'll always be with you, just like our locks. We'll always be there for each other because we're soulmates. Us against the world." he said, taking my hand in his as he threw the key into the river.

"Us against the world" I responded, squeezing his hand.

I released his hand as we shoved our hands into our pockets, and returned to our joking, teasing selfs.

And I walked off into the night with my best friend, my soulmate.

A/N:

Here's a fluffier chappie!! 

Do you guys like fluffy or flirty??

Also, do you want them to get together soon, or kind of keep this relationship they have  going on now?

LEMME KNOW :)

Also, clearing things up...

they're still not dating or anything yet! They're still just best friends!! if that's confusing...:)

COMMENT/VOTE

if it floats your boat

LOVE Y'ALL

<3

XOXO

(PS. thanks for the lovely comments, i love you guys <3)