Balance

- TROYE -

I walked into Zoe's room behind Korey and we both flopped onto the bed.

Korey and I had gotten pretty close since I first met him in February. We both knew Tyler in completely different ways, but he was still the main thing we had in common.

We surfed through the inter-webs for a bit, but then Korey closed his laptop and turned to face me.

"Troye?" he asks.

"What's up Kor?" I respond, confused as to why he cut our laptop time short.

"I...kind of need to...um...talk to you about something..." he mumbles.

I nod and put my laptop away, I've never heard Korey mumble before.

"So...Tyler is like my best friend. And I know you guys are best friends too and I love that! It's just that...I've known him for a long time. And I've learned a lot about him over that long time..." he says.

"Yeah?" I encourage him.

"It's just...what has taken me years to pull out of him, you have managed to pull out of him in a matter of months. He trusts you, Troye. He cares about you. Do you...um...do you know about his an--"

"Yeah, I know about his anxiety" I say.

"See? It took me years to convince him to come to me for help. To tell me when he needed help. You got him to do that in a couple of months. Troye, you two have a connection. You two are mea--" 

I interrupt him once again.

"Korey, don't" I state.

"No, Troye, let me finish. You two are something special. Tyler is hard to open up. He's been through a lot of shit. He never deserved any of this. I've been with him through all the heartbreaks and all the tears and all the sleepless nights. He's been broken and then healed. He's created this hard shell around him, protecting him from anything that might hurt him. But, you. You have managed to break him out of his shell. When he was in that funk, I told him to call you. He didn't want to because he said he didn't want to bother you. I made him call you because I knew he was in too deep, and now only you could help."

"Korey..." I say, overcome with emotion.

"Troye, please. Please don't hurt him. I don't think he could handle it if he lost you. He needs a rock. I've been his rock for a long time. But, I'm not enough anymore. I don't experience the same things you guys do. He needs someone who has been through what he has. He needs someone strong. He needs someone to hold his hand. He needs you." he explains.

I just nod, trying to process all the information he just told me.

"I will never intentionally hurt him, Korey. Never." I reply.

He nods as well, and we return to our laptops.

My mind still thinking through everything he just told me.

- TYLER -

"Okay...what do you want to talk about?" I ask nervously.

Zoe puts down her makeup brush, and sits down next to me.

"Spill" she says.

I look at her confused.

"What's going on between you and Troye?!" she asks, excitedly. 

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Nothing" I insist.

Now, she rolls her eyes.