Masks and Tears

- TROYE -

It's been two days since Tyler sent me that text. The text was weird. It was too formal. I'd been calling, texting, tweeting, everything. I'd been trying to get him to talk to me, but all he would do was send me "I'm fine" texts so I wouldn't call someone to check on him.

I was still in my hotel room in London, but the atmosphere around me had changed.

I hadn't slept in two days. I hadn't left my room in two days. I had tissues strewn across the room. Hell, I haven't eaten in two days. I couldn't. All I did was call Tyler and wait on Skype for him to log on. 

For the first time in 48 hours, I felt my eyes starting to grow heavy. My body began to relax, until I heard a ding.

My eyes shot open and I scanned my contacts to find the thing I was looking for.

Tyler was online.

Without any hesitation, without looking in the mirror, without wiping my bloodshot eyes, I dialed.

I prayed for him to pick up. Please, please, please, please, please.

The screen went black and then an image of Tyler's room came into view.

Thank god.

"...Tilly?" I ask, softly.

His shocked face comes into view. I guess he didn't mean to answer. Ouch.

"Oh...um, hey. What's up?" he says, not looking at the screen.

"Tyler. I need to talk to you. I've been trying to reach you for the past two days..."

"Yeah, well I've been busy" he snaps.

Tears sting at the back of my eyes, and I will for my weak, tired eyes to fight to keep the tears back.

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to talk to you..."

"About what?"

"The...the picture. Look, I was just talking to him and I didn--"

"Oh, yeah. The kissing picture? Yeah, good for you. I hope you used protection" he winks at me.

I feel sick.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask him.

"I couldn't see his face, but from I could tell, he was a nice catch. Good for you!" he says.

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Tyler. Stop. I want to tell you what happened. Zoe told me to go the club, and then he came up to me and we started talking. And then--"

"Ewww. I don't want all the kinky details" he whines.

Scratch that. 

I'm going to throw up.

My face pales, and my eyes roll back as I feel the bile rising up from my stomach.

For the first time since he picked up, Tyler has a genuine face on.

It's like he took off a mask.

- TYLER -

I'm doing pretty good.

He looks confused by my perkiness. I'm pretty proud of my acting. 

Just as I am about to hang up, I see Troye's face pale. 

For the first time since I picked up, I look at him.

Like really look at him.

He looks horrible.