Chapter 41 ~ the war meeting in the rec room.

Start from the beginning

Travis sighed. He caught Katie's gaze and they both stared at each other wordlessly, but an understanding passed through them: They wanted to be anywhere but here.

At least Annabeth didn't have to be too embarrassed by her mother in this bickering between the gods.

Athena was actually just reading a book, as she too tried to keep out the racket of the other talking gods.

The only actual other peaceful gods in the meeting room were Poseidon, Hades and Hestia, who were all talking to each other over the arguing of the other gods.

"You look better, Poseidon," Hades observed, who gave his brother a smile. "And the seas have turned a better looking colour."

Poseidon nodded. "I know. I was able to find out some information about Percy." Hestia and Hades both perked up at the news.

"When? From whom?" Hestia asked her brother immediately.

Poseidon gestured to Commander Cedmi, who wasn't actually listening into their conversations as he was too busy by trying not to loose his temper.

"From Commander Cedmi and not so long ago," Poseidon said. "He told me Percy was alive, happy and well."

Hestia and Hades sighed a bit in relief. They were both still worried about Percy along with Poseidon, but at least they knew he was alive, well and happy.

"Commander Cedmi also said that he knows Percy pretty well," told them the sea god.

Hades and Hestia nodded, as they both made a mental note to talk to Chaos's first commander.

Meanwhile, Chiron sat in his wheelchair and as he looked around the ping-pong table and he sighed. He had no idea what to do.

He didn't want to explode and tell them all to shut up, because he knew he won't be able to do that due to his peaceful personality, but they called this meeting for a reason.

Cedmi was really getting irritated now. He stopped listening to certain conversations a while back, and now all he heard was meaningless chatter.

He had, had enough. That's it. Cedmi thought.

He stood up and slammed his hand on the ping-pong table, which caused a little earthquake, which he had not intended to make but he made sure not to act surprised.

Everyone around the ping-pong table instantly went silent and stared at the commander who straightened up and looked at all of them with his hood up.

"Now that we're all quiet, we can start the meeting," Cedmi said. "Shall we?"

Chiron was impressed, he smiled slightly. Sometimes Cedmi reminded him of one of his students that has disappeared a long time ago and he had not seen him since.

Cedmi reminded him of Percy Jackson.

The seven of the prophecy stared at Cedmi in awe, as to how he managed to shut up all of the bickering Olympians at once, just by slamming his hand on the ping-pong table.

All of the other children of the gods in the Rec. room stared at Cedmi with awe as well. Even Clarisse.

Thalia and Nico mentally smirked as they acted surprised by Cedmi's outburst. They both knew that Percy hated council meetings with the gods.

The Olympians were a bit embarrassed as they realised they must have looked like kindergarten children arguing in front of the universe famous assassin.

Well, not all of them, but most.

Cedmi looked at the gods expectedly as he stood straight. "Well?" he said as he raised an eyebrow under his hood. "I wasn't the one to call this meeting."