Chapter 16

I calmed down after a while and when we got to the Sanctuary I tried to book it to my room. That didn't happen. Negan grabbed my wrist  
"Let's go talk Doll." He said looking down at me. I didn't want to but after my melt down in the truck I knew we had to. I nodded and followed him to his room.
When we got there I walked in and he closed the door,locking it, and leaning Lucille against the wall. I took a breath as we looked at each other for a while.
"Sooooo," I said uncomfortably as I fiddled with my fingers. Negan walked up to me and lifted my chin so I was looking up at him.
"You mean all that shit you said in the truck?" He asked trying to read my expression.
"Y-yeah." I admitted. It wasn't even worth it to lie and say it was the heat of the moment. It was how I felt, I couldn't take that back. He gave me a smile and leaned down kissing my lips gently. When he pulled away he smirked down at me.
"Well I'm pretty damn fond of you too Doll. I'll be honest," he said rubbing my cheek with his thumb. "I didn't think you thought that much of me."
"And you?" I asked.
"Me what?" He asked. I took a breath
"Do you feel the same... about me?" I waited for him to answer. He let out a sigh and walked over to his desk.
"Doll," he started and I bit my lip.
"Yeah. I know. You have your wives. Your image. The whole community to worry about. It's fine. I get it." I babbled as I went to the door. I was an idiot. Falling for this man.
"Doll." He said louder as I turned the Knob. "Prudence!" He shouted,making me turn around. He walked over to me,taking my hand in his. "Our relationship is always going to be a complicated shitfest. You know that?" I nodded. "All you need to fucking know is I will protect you until my dying breath. And any fuck who dares hurt you will have to answer Lucille and me." I smiled knowing this was his way of expressing his feelings. "You are the most important person in my fucking life right now. Above the wives. Above my people. You're at the top of the fucking heap." I felt tears start to form in the corner of my eyes. "Prudence. You're my goddamn everything. And let me tell you. It's scary as shit to admit that." His free hand cupping my chin so I was looking up at him, our eyes locking.
"You tell anyone I like you and I'll kill you." I said with a smirk as our lips got closer.
"My lips are sealed Doll." He said as our lips connected. The kiss was full of passion and romance. My arms wrapped around his neck as we kissed. Before we got any farther there was a loud and frantic sounding knock at the door. Negan pulled away with a growl. "This better be fucking good!" He shouted and pulled his door open. Grant, one of the lower ranked Saviors, stood there.
"Sir." He spoke nervously.
"Spit it the hell out."  Negan spat.
"One of your wives are missing." I watched as Negans face scrunched in anger. "A-and there's a body out by the north gate." Negan grabbed Lucille and made his way to the wife room. I went to the north gate to see the body. I made my way out and walked over to a group of people surrounding the body. I pushed past them and gasped when I saw the body. It was Joey. Fat Joey. He was one of the first saviors to accept me with out claiming I slept my way up the ranks. He was such a great guy. I balled my fist in anger, my nails digging into the skin.
"Who did this?!" I asked angrily turning to a savior.
"We think it was the redneck. He took a bike too." He said. I turned and looked to see one was missing. I growled.
"How the hell did he get out?!" I shouted.
"It looks like someone let him out." I furrowed my brow and made my way toward his cell. It was obvious he didn't fight his way out because if he had there'd be more bodies. I stopped at the now empty cell as the other saviors stood behind me. "Burn the body." I spoke. "And clean up the fucking mess out there. We don't need the workers seeing that."
"Right." The one said and the others followed.
"I can't fucking believe this." I muttered out loud. I heard a commotion coming down the hall to see Negan and a few other saviors who were dragging Dwight. They threw him into a nearby cell. I walked over to Negan who looked down at me. 
"The rednecks gone. And he killed Fat Joey." I told him. His grip on Lucille tightened as he walked over to the now empty cell.
"Well fuck. Sherri fucking leaves and Daryls missin. That's some shit ain't it?" He said as the wheels in his head turned. Were the two a thing? What the hell was going on? "I got shit to do Doll. I'll see you in the morning." He said then turned and stomped away. He was pissed and no way was I going to bother him. Between almost getting killed to coming home to a shit show it was best to leave him be.

I walked to the kitchen and found Jen sitting at the counter peeling some veggies. I walked over to her and smiled.
"How you holding up?" I asked.
"Prudence! I'm doing great! How about you? I heard that a lot went down when you took that kid back."
"Oh yeah. Some bitch tried to kill Negan." I said. "Obviously it didn't work but still." I looked at her as she looked at me. I wanted to tell her about all this stuff between me and Negan but I wasn't sure how'd she'd take it.
"At least you all made it back safe! I'm almost done with the veggies so we can go back to my room and talk a bit!" She said with a large smile.
"Sure. I got time."
"We almost saved enough points to get a crib too! It's turning out so great Prudence. I can't wait for the baby." She said geeking with joy. I gave her a heartfelt smile.
"I'm so happy for you Jen. You two are going to be awesome parents."
"And you're going to be an awesome godmother." She said making me think for a second.
"Wait. What?"
"Yup." She nodded. "I picked you to be the babies godmother."
"No way. Really?" I asked her and she nodded again. I smiled. "Wow. I'm going to be a godmother." I gave her a hug. "Thank you so much." I said. I already loved Jen like a sister and to have her include me in her babies life like this. It meant the world to me.
She finished quickly and we started toward her room. It wasn't really a room, More like a collage dorm room that they shared with two other men Since her husband was a low ranking savior he didn't get a big room like us higher ranking ones. When we walked in the two other saviors jumped out of their beds looked behind me.
"Relax. It's just me." I told them awkwardly. Negan and I were together so much that when I walked in they assumed he was with me. I guess we were a lot closer then I realized. They men sighed and laid back in their beds. I felt Jen grab my hand and pull me to the corner of the room. There were little pictures hung up there. Things like teddy bears,rainbows and cutesie stuff like that. They were making do with what they had in this world which,wasn't much.
"The cribs going to go right there! Oh I can't wait." She said pointing to the corner. "Oh and we made the bottom drawer for the baby clothes." And she went on and on about all her plans for the new edition. I remember that joy. I hope that it ends well for her. She's deserves to be happy. To keep her peppy attitude even after all this, it was rare. "Want me to show you the crib we're looking at?!" She asked me excitedly.
"Sure."
She pulled me down to the commissary and went to the kid and baby stuff. There was quite a bit there. Mostly toys and accessories. Things regular workers couldn't afford with the points they made. Jen waddled over to a cherry wood crib at the end of the row.
"This is the one! It's perfect isn't it?" She said as she eyed me.
"It is. It doesn't look banged up at all."
"Right! But that's why it costs so many points. Even with the hubby being a savior we don't have enough yet." I gave her a weak smile.
"You'll get it. Anytime you put your mind to something it happens."
"You're right. We'll have this in our room before the baby comes. I can guarantee it."
I chuckled and followed her around as she pointed things she wanted out. I was listening, mostly, but I was also going over all my plans for tomorrow's run.
I jumped when I heard a long sing song whistle encompass the room. I turned to see Negan waltzing into the room. The few people in there,including Jen, kneeled.
"You need something?" I asked him. He sucked his teeth as he smirked and stopped in front of me.
"Well ,Doll I was hoping we could pick up where we left off earlier." He whispered into my ear.
"I'm a bit busy here." I told him annoyed and watched his gaze turn to Jen.
"Shit. You don't gotta kneel." He said looking down at the very pregnant Jen.
"Thank you." Jen said as I helped her to her feet.
"So is that a no then Doll?" Negan asked as he swung Lucille lazily in his hand.
"Yeah. It's a no." I looked up at him with my hands on my hips. "I'll talk to you before my run though."
"I'll hold you to that," he said shooting me a wink as he turned around. "As you were!" He shouted as he left the room. Jen looked at me with wide eyes and smirk.
"What was that?" She asked.
"Nothing. What do you mean?" I asked her as I looked away.
"What did you two leave off at?" She asked nudging me. Fuck. I grabbed her arm and lead her to my room. When we got there I closed the door behind us. "Are you two still you know." She said with a wink.
"I mean Yeah. But ummm"
"Spit it out!" Jen said as she awaited my reply.
"I think. Maybe. We're a couple now." Her smile said it all.
"I knew you two would be together at some point! What happened to change your mind?"
"Him almost dying In front of me. I sort of broke down in the truck and told him that I umm. That I loved him." I told her.
"Awwweee. I knew you liked him Prudence! You two are gonna be the power couple of this new world." I smiled at her.
"I guess. I mean we only talked about it for a little bit. We didn't lay down ground rules or anything."
"Rules? For what?" Jen asked with a laugh.
"For when we're around people. I don't know. Plus his wives."
We talked for a bit more before she went back to her room. Discussing this with Jen made we realize how much Negan and I need to talk. Maybe I should head over to his room to get all this shit sorted along with go over my run.