Chapter 42 - Nostalgia

Lily's POV

I can do this.

We can do this.

We can be friends. We've been friends before. It won't be hard.

Right?

After mine and Harry's talk, I went to take a shower, borrowing some clothes from Perrie so I could take off my tight dress. I put on some light makeup, leaving my hair down to dry before I made my way down to the kitchen where everyone was having breakfast.

Everyone is seated around the dining room table and the counter when I walk in. Harry picks his head up from looking at his phone and gives me a smile. I immediately smile back, glad that we're in a slightly better place where I have to avoid eye contact with him.

I still don't know how we're going to do this so I'm just going to take it nice and slow. I have to keep some walls up. I know that it's not going to be exactly how it was when we were just friends. I won't be able to trust him completely just yet.

I look away and take the empty seat beside Eleanor at the counter. She links her arm through mine, resting her head on my shoulder as continues to scroll through her Instagram. I'm looking at the pictures with her when she scrolls to one with a guy with his shirt off, flexing his arms for the camera.

Both of us snort in laughter because he has absolutely no muscle mass in his body. His puckered lips are just the cherry on top as we continue to giggle. Everyone's looking at us like we're crazy and I glance over at Harry and he's just grinning at me.

I focus back on Eleanor's screen and she's about to scroll to the next picture but I reach my hand over and double tap on the screen, a heart appearing on top of the picture.

"Lily!"

She unlinks her arm from mine and frantically starts to click on the 'unlike' button until it turns back to a white colour. Once it does, she visibly relaxes and lets out a huge breath. I'm still laughing as she playfully pushes me, but I don't react fast enough as I find myself falling down to the ground with a small scream.

I land on the hard ground and Eleanor immediately hops off of her seat and walks over to me, worry flashing in her eyes.

"Oh my gosh, Lily. I'm so sorry. I totally didn't mean to push you that hard."

I see everyone looking down at me but I'm just lying here still laughing my head off. I can't seem to stop and I think it's partly because I'm in such a good mood today.

Everyone starts to realize that I'm okay as they go back to what they were previously doing.

"Come on. Get up." Eleanor rolls her eyes and extends her hand out to me. I take it as my laughter finally starts to die down. I wipe my tears away, sitting back down on the seat beside Eleanor.

"He better not have seen what you did," Eleanor warns me, looking at me with narrowed eyes. "I'm going to kill you if he did."

"Hopefully he does, so maybe he'll be motivated to actually work out and grow muscles."

I can see Eleanor try to hold back her laughter but it erupts from her lips as she shakes her head. "You're crazy, Lily."

I just laugh and take out my phone, going through my Twitter. I see a new notification appear on the top of my screen, seeing a new text message from Eleanor.

I look over at her but she just innocently keeps her gaze on her phone. I turn my focus back on my phone and open my messages, going to mine and Eleanor's conversation.

*You're in a good mood ;)*

I smile at the text, trying to hide it from wandering eyes.