Chapter 73 - Sweater

Harry's POV

This is one of the things that I've fighting to have again. Lily in my arms as I watch her sleep. To top it all off, she's wearing my sweater. The same sweater that she wore the week that I spent with her while Ed was in LA. The same sweater she wore every night as I held her just like I am now. The same sweater she wore when I first confessed that I was in love with her.

I take the strand of hair that's fallen on her face and carefully brush it behind her ear. I continue to gently run my fingers through her hair and across her cheek, still in disbelief that I can touch her like this again.

I want to get as much as I can out of this. I'm leaving tomorrow and I have no idea when I'm going be able to do this again any time soon.

I know that both of us are scared about what's going to happen now but I also know that this time, we're going to do whatever it takes to make it work. We've gone through so much - too much - to let distance get in between us. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make this work. Just like I promised her, I'm never letting her go.

Even though I want to continue to watch her sleep, I want her to wake up now. I want to see her eyes and I want to see them looking back at me. So I lean over and place a soft kiss on her nose. I smile as she starts to stir in her sleep. When she opens one eye and sees me awake, she closes it again and snuggles into my chest.

I start to rub her back and lean my head back so I can see her again.

"Lily, wake up," I sing.

She quietly groans but doesn't move.

"Please...baby."

I smirk as I see her eyes shoot open but then she narrows them at me. Her cute, scrunchy angry face just makes the smirk on my face widen. I lean over to kiss her but she pulls back.

"Uh, morning breath," she says, covering her mouth.

I roll my eyes and lean forward again but of course, she pulls away right after.

"Lily, you do not have morning breath."

She takes her hand off of her mouth and smiles at me. "I was talking about you."

She squeals when I take my hands and tickle her. I roll us over so I'm on top of her and trap her arms against the bed.

"Excuse me, I do not have morning breath. When you were fast asleep and snoring, I went to go brush my teeth."

She gasps. "I do not snore." She tries to pull her hands out of my grip, most likely to smack me but I keep them pressed against the bed.

I chuckle. "I'm joking. But pretty please, can I have a good morning kiss?"

I pout and give her puppy dog eyes.

"I don't think you deserve one. You woke me up and then accused me of snoring. Not a good way to get a morning kiss from me."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to wake you up cause I missed you."

She rolls her eyes with a smile and I see her cheeks redden. "Good save, Harry. But I actually really want to brush my teeth first."

I pout again. "But I'm so warm and comfy. I don't want you to move."

"If you let me brush my teeth, I'll let you kiss me for as long as you want."

I raise an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to say that she doesn't mean it. But she doesn't say anything. She just continues to look up at me, waiting for my answer.