Chapter 138 - What If

Lily's POV

"Harry, it's okay."

I stop Harry, pulling on his wrist and tug him towards me. He was about to go to the ticket booth at the Eye to basically pay them to have a pod all to ourselves. But I didn't want to kick everyone out.

With the Christmas holidays coming up, there are a lot more people than usual. We were lucky the other times where we were able to have a pod for just the two of us but I didn't want Harry to pay more for it.

"Are you sure? It's honestly no problem with me."

He brushes my hand with his thumb and takes a step closer to me.

I shoot him a smile and nod. "It's more than okay. Just as long as you're there."

He sighs in defeat and I know that he wanted to do anything to get us alone on the Eye. It's not like I don't want that. I just didn't want him to have to go out of his way and spend his money on it.

He finally nods before he tugs me towards the slowly filling pod. He helps me inside and we make our way to the railing on the one corner. He makes me stand in front of him and he stands behind me, wrapping his arms around me and resting them on the railing. I rest my arms on top of his and lean my head back on his chest.

We just stand there in silence while the voice over the speakers talks about what to expect from the ride and soon enough, we start moving.

We had walked around the park for a bit before we decided to go on here to wait for the stars to come out. There's just something about being on here during the night. Harry and I have always gone on here in the nighttime and I don't plan on doing it any differently.

"Hey, Harry?"

He hums in response. "Hm?"

"Since I saved a bit of money with the gifts, can I use a bit of it to spend for yours?"

"Absolutely not," he says, mocking my tone from earlier at the mall.

I turn my head to look at him and pout and he reacts with a smile and a roll of his eyes.

"But I promise you'll really like it," I lie. I still have no idea what I'm going to get him but I'd like the idea more knowing that he won't be upset that I spend a bit more money on him.

"Nope."

"What if I wanted to buy you two presents? One thoughtful one and one from Victoria's Secret?" Again, I'm lying. I just need him to agree to my idea.

He smirks as he looks back at me. "Well, I wouldn't mind that. But still no."

I huff in annoyance. "Just think of me wearing it and then you getting to unwrap me from it. Think of me as the actual gift."

I can see his stare getting more intense, his smirk faltering slightly.

He gulps and shakes his head in jerks. "You wouldn't even be wearing it for two seconds before I would unwrap it from you. So there's no point it buying it."

He's being stubborn but him and I both know who's more stubborn.

"Well, I would also use it for when you're away. I could send you pictures in it. Or we could video chat while I'm wearing it."

His grip around me tightens and I can feel his chest moving much more deeply.

"You're trying to kill me," he grumbles.

I give him a sweet smile and bat my eyelashes.

"But still no," he adds. "What's my mum going to think when she sees me opening that on Christmas?"