Chapter 125 - Rumours

Lily's POV

Monday.

Back to reality.

I balance my books in one arm and a cup of steaming coffee in my other hand as I speed walk to my first class. I turn the corner and almost bump into someone, making me spill a bit of coffee on my hand.

I hiss in pain but I continue to walk. I make it a minute before class officially starts and I sit in my usual seat that Marcus always saves for me. He's always here early to meet up with Milly so I'm almost always late so he's used to saving my seat for me.

Matti is also already there, so I place my books on top of the desk and sit beside her.

"Hey!" she says when she looks over at me.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm good. You?" I smile before taking a sip of my coffee, hoping it'll wake me up more.

"Good. By the way, what happened to you at the party? You were gone and I didn't have a chance to say 'bye'."

"Oh...Harry and I had a fight." Matti and I have gotten closer since we met, especially with the project that we had that we finished a few weeks ago. We're comfortable talking to each other about anything, especially when we have boy troubles.

She gives a sympathetic sigh. "What happened?"

I take a deep breath. "I, um...he--"

Thankfully, the professor walks in and gets everyone's attention. I wasn't sure how to explain to Matti about Collin and the whole bodyguard thing. I know that I need to talk to Collin first. I know that we need to figure out if we're going to tell them what happened.

The professor has a 'no talking while he's teaching' rule, which I'm greatly thankful for right now.

I take another sip of my coffee just as Marcus walks back from sitting beside Milly and sits beside me. I had asked him why he doesn't just sit beside her but he had told me that he did one time and he reluctantly had to stop because he wasn't able to pay attention to the professor at all. Milly didn't want to be the reason he's distracted in class so they both decided it would be better that he sit here in his original spot. Of course they would meet up right as class is over.

Class drags by and I sip my coffee constantly to keep awake until I've drank it all. By the time class is almost over, I really really need to pee. As soon as we're dismissed, I quickly gather my stuff and tell Marcus and Matti that I'll meet up with them at the restaurant that we always go to before I rush to the bathroom.

I do my business and when I walk out of the bathroom, I bump into someone.

"Oh, sorry!" I exclaim.

I look up and meet Collin's gaze.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

I swallow harshly, suddenly feeling anxious.

This is the first time I've seen him since the party, since I walked in on him and Harry talking. He's texted me since but I haven't had the courage to reply. He had texted me asking if we could talk and I've been trying to avoid it but I guess I can't avoid it forever.

I nod. "Yeah, sure."

I follow behind him as we maneuver through the crowd, reaching a set of doors that leads to an arboretum behind the school. He holds the door open for me and I step out and head over to the vacant bench. I sit down and Collin sits beside me.

"Lily, first off, I want to apologize for...for lying to you. I really wanted to tell you, at least just recently once I've gotten to really know you. You're a great person and I hated that I had to lie to you. I really hope you forgive me. You're a great friend and I'd hate this to be the reason that we stop talking."