Chapter 121 - Intimate

Lily's POV

Harry tugs me behind him, his hand clasped in mine tightly as we make our way through the crowd of paparazzi and fans. Two bodyguards flank us, keeping us safe until we reach the door to the hotel. There are another two security guards stationed at the front doors, surely only letting guests to the hotel pass through.

They have a clipboard in their hands and I'm assuming it's the guest list for the party. We're let through without any trouble, the noise from outside quieting immensely as soon as the doors shut behind us.

Harry had rented out the penthouse for the party so we take the elevator all the way up to the top floor, where were met with another two security guards as soon as we step outside.

Security is tight for this party. I'm sure there are people who are going to be trying to get in and I wouldn't be surprised if people already have.

The security guards nod to Harry as we walk past them and towards the grand doors. Harry slides the key card into the slot and opens the door, guiding me inside. The party planners, the bartender, the DJ and a few guests are already here. I take off my pea coat, giving it to the person working at coat check.

"You can leave your purse with your jacket if you want," Harry says. "I can keep your phone in my pocket. Just so you don't have to carry it around the whole night."

It's not like I'm going to need my ID or my money here. I only really need my phone. Plus, I don't want to be holding my clutch the whole night so I nod in agreement and take out my phone and hand it to him. I hand the person behind coat check my clutch and she keeps it safe inside my coat.

I turn around and look around the room. The party is definitely an A-list party. It's extravagant but not too flashy.

I look around at the guests and one of them immediately catches my eye, making me gasp.

"Ed!"

I give Harry a quick squeeze of his arm, excusing myself before I rush towards my best friend. He turns his head, a smile spreading across his face when he sees me. He excuses himself from the people he was conversing with before he walks towards me.

As soon as I reach him, I wrap my arms tightly around him as he wraps his around my waist, lifting me slightly into the air.

He groans. "I missed you so much, Lil."

"I missed you, too."

He places me back onto the ground and we pull away, wide smile stretched across our faces. I haven't seen him in almost a month. Of course I miss him. I'm still used to seeing him every day like I did in the summer and he's been busy with his album and promotion that we rarely get to talk to each other on the phone.

"You look great," he says. "I'm guessing the granny dress I sent you got lost in the mail. I'm sure you would've worn that instead."

I roll my eyes. Trust Ed to already annoy me not even a minute since I got here. However, him and I both know that I'm just as good, if not more, at annoying the other.

I smirk as I glance back up at him. "Oh. No, don't worry. I got it. I'm planning on wearing to your wedding with Matti."

His smirk is quickly wiped off his face, just like I was anticipating. A scowl replaces it and he rolls his eyes and shoves my shoulder.

"I will lock you in the bathroom if you continue to be like this, especially when she gets here."

I laugh. "Don't worry. I honestly won't ruin tonight. I like you two together. You won't here another word from me about Matti for the rest of the night."