Chapter 82 - Beautiful

Lily’s POV

I wake up, still too tired to move so I allow myself a couple of minutes to wake up. Harry and I had Skyped for a couple of hours but then I convinced him to sleep since he had to wake up early for work. However, like I was hoping, he had asked if we could go to sleep while still online. We had gone to bed, still on Skype. I was the first one to close my eyes from sleepiness, remembering the last thing I saw was Harry’s serene face looking back at me on the screen.

I stretch and roll onto my side, the side where my laptop is. I was expecting to see Harry’s bed empty since he had told me that he had to leave early in the morning. I was even expecting the screen to be blank thinking that he would’ve logged off but when my eyes finally adjust, a smile erupts on my face when I see what’s on my screen.

Our Skype call was still on, Harry’s bed was empty like I expected but there was a piece of paper propped up against one of his pillows.

Good morning, beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful day. Miss you. Love you xx

My heart swells in my chest and my smile widens from ear to ear. I take a screenshot, wanting to keep the memory of this moment forever.

What Harry did is enough to say that my day is already made. I don’t even care what happens for the rest of the day, Harry already made it.

I don’t even log out of Skype. I just get out of bed and go on with my morning routine. Seeing as how I’m going to spend most of my day in my room to get it finally finished, I leave it on to wait for him.

I brush my teeth and change before I go out to the kitchen. It’s empty when I walk in, assuming that El is still asleep. I decide to make some breakfast since El and I had gone out to get groceries yesterday while we waited for Louis and Harry to arrive back in London.

I smile as I decide to make pancakes, remembering the time when Harry and I had made some. I reminisce about it as I make the batter, suddenly remembering when he had taught me how to flip the pancakes up in the air. I bite my lip as I stare down at the pancake in the pan. I look behind me to make sure that Eleanor hadn’t woken up before I turn back to the stove and grab the pan in both of my hands just like Harry had taught me.

“Swing it up and down a couple of times and then just throw it up. Make sure that you keep it straight so that the pancake will go up straight in the air. And then just catch.”

I hear Harry’s voice in my head, remembering the steps that he had instructed me.

I swing it up and down a few times and then I swing it back up slightly harder, watching the pancake fly in the air. And, just like last time, it hits the side of the pan and falls onto the floor.

I laugh as I go down to pick it up and then I hear someone else laugh behind me.

“What are you doing?” El asks.

I stand up and turn around to see her leaning against the counter, smiling at me with amusement. I throw out the pancake and go to the sink to wash my hands.

“I was trying to flip the pancake in the air.”

“Well, it looks like we won’t have any pancakes for breakfast after I witnessed that.”

“Oh, shut it.” I laugh as I go back to the stove and continue to make breakfast, deciding it’d be best to make the rest of the pancakes with the spatula.

“What did you want to do today?” she asks.

“I have to go to Harrods to get more things for my room and for school and then I have to finish unpacking.”