Chapter 14 - Fears

Lily's POV

I wake up with a slightly pounding headache as I try to adjust to the bright light coming from the window. I pull the blanket over my head to block the light but as soon as the oxygen started to run out under the sheet, I had to take it off and force my eyes to open. As my vision starts to clear, I glance over at the nightstand to look for my phone. I grab it to check the time and see that it's almost noon. I sit up in bed and stretch, realizing for the first time, the jacket that I'm wearing. It takes me a few seconds to go through my memory and then it hits me right in the face.

Harry.

I run my fingers through the jacket and then wrap it tight around my body as a smile creeps onto my face. The memories of last night come flooding into my mind as I smell Harry's cologne from the jacket and it takes all of my self-control not to jump up and down on my bed and giggle like a little girl.

But it did make me feel all warm and gooey inside as I remembered the kiss. Both of them. They were two completely different kisses but they were equally as great.

I remember everything that happened at the club but when I try to remember anything that happened when Harry took me back here, it was all a blur. I scrunch my eyebrows, trying to remember but I come up blank.

Suddenly, the nightstand catches my attention as I see a glass of water and a bottle of pain relievers beside the lamp. I smile at the gesture that Harry made as I take out a pill and take it, hoping that this slight headache will go away.

I remember vaguely Harry dropping me off and telling the driver that he'd be back after he walked me to the flat so he must've went home afterwards.

Did I even thank him for helping me home last night? I remember being extremely tired before we left the club and I remember basically crashing on my bed once I got home.

I'll call him and thank him anyways.

I get up, adjusting my dress before heading out to the living room to make myself a cup of coffee.

As I'm passing the living room, I practically jump out of my skin and I scream as I saw a body sprawled out on the couch. The figure jumped a foot off the couch, frantically looking around before turning around to look at me with a confused expression.

A really cute, confused expression.

"Harry, you scared the hell out of me?" I say as I place my hand over my heart.

He sat on the couch, rubbing his eyes before glancing up at me with a sleepy smile.

"Sorry." He gives me a goofy grin and I couldn't help myself smile back as I walk over to him and take a seat beside him. He looks at me hesitantly, looking uncomfortable as he sits.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Do...do you remember what happened last night?" he questions. He seems so anxious and worried right now.

I look at him with confusion. "Yeah, we kissed."

I could see him relax slightly.

"So...you don't...regret it?"

My eyebrows raise at his question. Why would he think that I regret it?

Oh, right. Cause last time we kissed, I told him that I thought it was a mistake.

I take a deep breath, smiling at him as I sat closer to him. I grab his hand and look at him.

"Of course I don't regret it, Harry. How could you possibly think that after...everything?"

He instantly relaxes as he finally smiles back at me.

He shrugs. "I don't know. I just thought that once you sobered up, you'd think that I was trying to take advantage or something." He looks away.