Jayse doesn't notice as he continues. "It'll be a night to remember forever." He pulls her back to him and hugs her. "Trust us to protect you. Alpha Company is in charge of security and our whole team will be there to protect you. I or Tommy will always be at your side. We won't let anyone or anything hurt you." Jayse hides his chuckle at this next bit, "besides Tommy ordered that dress for you special."

That got her to choke on a laugh and Jayse relaxes just a bit knowing that the crisis is over. "He has some strange ideas about dresses. Tight in some areas," she chokes out and gesture sat the area that she means, "and loose in others."

Jayse shrugs, which she felt rather than saw, "He likes the way it looks on you. And it's not restrictive for defense."

Snorting her thoughts about that Kadance replies, "That may be true, but it's still tight, too tight for comfort."

Jayse leans down and whispers in her ear, "That's because, my love, you are still trying to wear underthings. This dress will have sufficient support that you don't need the extra and makes it too tight." Then he can't resist nuzzling her neck a bit.

Kadance relaxes back and adjust her head so that Jayse had better access even as she asks, "Has Tommy gotten back yet?"

Jayse freezes at her question. His voice is cautious even as he answers, "Yes, he returned just a short time ago."

Jayse stays frozen waiting to hear what Kadance has to say. Her next words startle him.

Kadance speaks in a shy voice. "I don't know much about your society I mean our society. I don't know how to make a pairing permanent."

Jayse is careful to keep his voice soft and neutral. He still wasn't sure where this talk was heading. "The bond is permanent if both parties say it is. It's usually a closed bond if that happens."

"Jayse, I would like to be bonded to you." Kadance says in a voice soft and full of uncertainty not sure if he would reciprocate.

If she could feel how he felt Jayse smiles to himself, she would run and never look back. "I accept and want to be bonded to you as well." Jayse allows a soft smile to light his face as he looks at Kadance. It was harder than he thought it would be to keep the fierce feelings from showing.

Then his smile slips. Tommy. Winning Kadance and losing Tommy would make the victory turn bitter. Lost in those dark thoughts it takes him a bit to catch on to her words.

"What was that Kadance?" Jayse needed to hear her say it again to make sure he hadn't misunderstood.

"You mentioned that I could be bonded to two men in your society." She takes a deep breath and looks at him. "Could you handle me being bonded to Tommy as well?"

This time they both are still, Kadance waiting for Jayse's reply and Jayse hoping that he hadn't misunderstood. To give himself time and to make absolutely sure that she's saying what he thinks she said he says, "Are you asking this because you wish to bond to Tommy as well?" He couldn't help the note of incredulity that had entered his voice.

Kadance looks down as she nods. "I thought about what you told me. I thought of how I would feel if Tommy left. Or you. The sense of loss and panic was nearly overwhelming. I realized that giving up the mores of the civilian upbringing would be far less painful than living through the loss of either of you."

Kadance still couldn't look at Jayse. Her words have left her raw and too open for her comfort. So when Jayse tries to raise her head she resists, but he is too strong and she ruefully looks up. "Thank you." It was all Jayse could say before he leans down and kisses her passionately.