Chapter 19: Hangovers Suck

Začít od začátku

"There’s none in there," Will said, knowing what I was looking for.

"Well, could you get me some?" I asked, turning to face him. He smiled and leaned on the door frame.

"I have a better idea," He started, crossing his arms, "I know the perfect hangover cure. Works every single time."

"Really? And what’s that?" I questioned, though I wished he’d just get me some aspirin.

"Why don’t you wash up, get last nights makeup off of you, and I’ll show you," He suggested, standing up straight. I almost felt like yelling at him to just go and get me some aspirin, but stopped myself.

"Okay," I sighed. Will grinned and began retreating out of the bathroom.

"Good. Be ready in fifteen. I’ll be in the living room waiting for you."

I rolled my eyes as he left the room, and I turned back to the mirror. I quickly stripped out of my clothes and turned on the shower, then hopped in. I would definitely need more than fifteen minutes to make myself look better, but I would just be glad if I came out looking somewhat decent.

***

Twenty minutes later -  though I’m sure Will didn’t mind - I walked out of my room looking somewhat better. I had washed my hair, which helped, but I didn’t have the time to do much else to it so I just dried it and tossed it up into a high ponytail. I didn’t want to put on makeup right now, not with how I was feeling. So, I just made sure to scrub off any residue from last nights makeup and left my face bare.

I put on a pair of black leggings, and a large oversized white t-shirt with the words ”donut talk to me” emblazoned on it. I then put on a pair of flat black boots that stopped just before my knee. With the way I was feeling, comfort was more important than anything.

I made my way into the living room, where Will was seated with Hayes and my brother Leon playing a video game.

"That’s better," Will smiled at me and stood up. I rolled my eyes and looked at my brother.

"Where’s Gemma?”

"On the phone to a friend in her room," Leon told me, never taking his eyes off the TV. I nodded and turned back to Will. I opened my mouth to speak, but someone else’s voice beat me to it.

"So, dude, are you ready to go?"

I didn’t need to look to know it was Nash. To be honest, I didn’t want to look at him. I was still pissed off about what he said last night.

"Oh, yeah," Will spoke, looking between the two of us, "Forgot to mention, I invited you both to go to breakfast with me. So lets go.”

"Wait, what?" I said, catching Will’s arm, "You’re bringing me to breakfast? That’s your big hangover cure?”

"Yeah," Will nodded, and started tugging me towards the door. He looked back at Nash and raised his eyebrows, "You coming?"

I heard Nash sigh from behind me as we made our way out of the house. Will got into his car, and I hopped into the passenger side as Nash hopped in the back. Apart from the low hum of the radio, the drive to wherever we were going was silent.

After nearly thirty minutes of what had to be the most awkward car ride ever, Will parked the car and I looked out the window. We were at this random diner that I assumed was called  Edna’s due to the large sign above the door. We hopped out of the car and made our way inside, taking a seat at a booth. Thankfully, Will sat beside me, and Nash sat directly across from him, so I could put my feet up on the seat beside him. Not that I could actually get them onto the seat properly, my legs were too short. Oh the joys of being five foot three, I thought.

When the waitress came over I opened my mouth to order, but Will raised his hand to stop me. He ordered me a large breakfast including eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns and pancakes with a large glass of orange juice. He ordered Nash a similar breakfast to mine, though not as large, and then ordered himself chicken and waffles.

"Oh, and we’ll also take a large portion of bacon for the table," Will smiled at the waitress as she wrote everything down. She nodded, and went to go place our order. I turned to Will.

"Do you actually expect me to eat all of that?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yep," He nodded, "In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted more."

I rolled my eyes in response and looked out the window. It was quiet for a few minutes, before Will spoke again.

"Why are you both being so awkward?"

I glanced back at Nash for a second, who was staring down at the table, before looking back out the window. When neither of us answered, Will continued.

"Like, did something happen last night? Did Jolie throw up on you or something?”

"Yes," Nash spoke, surprising me. I turned to him and cocked an eyebrow.

"I did?" I asked, and he nodded. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing now. I probably should have been sympathetic, or embarrassed, but I wasn’t. I just found it funny.

"Right on my vans," He shrugged, "I had to throw them away, actually."

"I’ll buy you new vans," I rolled my eyes, still feeling irritated by him. I wasn’t actually going to buy him new vans. He didn’t deserve them after last night.

"Wait, so, do you not remember any of last night?" Nash asked, meeting my eyes, "Like, none of it?"

"Well, I remember everything before I started drinking," I spoke, saying each word very slowly. He stared at me for a moment, and I swear his eyes looked almost sad. He looked back down at the table and nodded, not speaking another word. I didn’t get to say anything either, as the waitress came by with our food and we all dug in.

Will had been right. I did eat all the food he ordered me, as well as most of the bacon side order. And I did feel much better afterwards. Note to self, if I ever get hungover again, eat lots of bacon.

When we arrived back at the house, Will stopped me before going inside. He waited until Nash went in to speak.

"Now, you need to drink lots of water, and get lots of sleep," Will instructed.

"Okay, mom,” I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn’t stop myself from smiling.

"And, uh," He continued, glancing at the ground, "Go easy on Nash. I’m sure he doesn’t mean to be such a jerk."

I stood frozen in my place as Will continued into the house. Nash told him, I thought, He told him what he said to me. But why? And why didn’t he apologize? Because he’s not sorry, I told myself, Will is just his brother. He’d defend him no matter what. He doesn’t see the asshole side of Nash that you see.

"Asshole side," I scoffed aloud, "That’s the only side of Nash there is."

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Hola! In case you haven't noticed, I posted all the other pre-written chapters at once. This is so I can just focus on updating, rather than having to worry about both writing the new part for tumblr and posting old parts here. Anyways, your feedback is always appreciated, and I hope you guys enjoyed both this part and all the ones previous. Love ya!