Chapter Thirteen-Dreamy

↬↬↬

I only own Jade/Camilla and my ideas.

The Hopper child sat at a table within the four walls of Granny's Diner as she listened to the music of which bleared from her earphones and sipped on her hot chocolate

The Hopper child sat at a table within the four walls of Granny's Diner as she listened to the music of which bleared from her earphones and sipped on her hot chocolate. Her mind wondered as the music played, she placed the cup onto the table as her hands stayed wrapped around the warm cup.

She noticed the door opening as Mary Margaret walked into the Diner, she took out her earphones as she waited to see what her friend wanted to say.

"Excuse me. Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Mary Margaret called out which caught the attention of everyone in the Diner which causes it to go silent.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your morning, but I just wanted to remind everyone that a very special occasion is upon us - Miner's Day. As always, the nuns of Storybrooke are hoping that everyone will get involved, and will help sell their exquisite candles. All we need are a few energetic volunteers. So, who wants to join me?" Mary Margaret continued with a question. Everyone ignored her and went back to what they were doing. Leroy headed towards the door, which Mary Margaret was still standing in front of as Camilla made her way over to her friend.

"Leroy, you want to volunteer?" The teacher asked.

"I'll join." Camilla told which caused Mary Margaret's face to light up.

"I want to leave, sister. You're blocking the door." Leroy told, responding to her question.

"Of course. Uh, you know, if you wanted to help, it could really be a-"

"Oh, yeah. Right. Quite a team we'd make - town harlot, town drunk and town thief. The only two people in this town that others like less than me, is you two. If you're coming to me, you're screwed." Leroy spat as he leaves. A moment later, Mary Margaret also leaves with Camilla and Emma following her outside and walked along side with her.

"Hey. Mind if I join you? So, what the hell is Miner's Day, and why are you beating yourself up over it?" Emma asked. Camilla shot her a look, still not trusting the blonde.

"She doesn't beat herself up about it. It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal." Camilla told her.

"Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I'd understand." Emma stated.

"Look, I don't know. Now, they use it as a fundraiser. It's an amazing party - everyone loves it." Mary Margaret told.

"It doesn't seem like everyone loves it." Emma countered.

"It's not Miner's Day - it's me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week, they all dropped out." Mary Margaret explained with a sigh.