Chapter 24 - I know your game

- Valentine - 

I told him everything. It felt good to finally be able to tell someone but Travis looked rather shocked and I didn't know if he could keep it secret. I felt sad, guilty but releaved all at the same time.

"You have to tell her, Valentine." Travis stated, holding my shoulder.

I felt a couple of tears fall down my cheeks. "I don't know who hse is and JJ says he is going to tell her." I replied,looking down at my hands.

"This is very messed up." Travis pointed out. "He should'nt have to feel like he has to date her to please her mother. That's stupid. Clearly he loves you." 

"It's hard for him because he has been put into this situation but I've never been happier than when I am with JJ. We haven't been together long but I know that I care a lot about him and that he doesn't deserve her." I replied, the tears were become more frequent. Talking about it was bring the emotions back from when I first found out and the struggle we have been facing since. 

"I understand, Valentine. But you need to sort this out before it get's nasty." Travis whispered, as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"Thank you for listening, Travis. Please don't tell anyone." I whispered into his ear.

"He let me go and looked me in the eyes. "I would never do that, Valentine." He smiled.

"Please... Call me Vee." I chuckled,wiping the tears away. 

We drove away and by 4.05pm I was home. I waved Travis goodbye and looked at my house. I took a deep breath and exhaled before walking inside. 

"Hello?" I called, taking my shoes off and putting my bag on a hook on the wall.

My dad appeared and ran to me when he saw it was me. He picked me up and span me around, hugging me tightly. "I've missed you so much, sweat potato." 

I chuckled at the funny name. "I've missed you too dad but it has only been a few days." 

"I don't care, I have missed you and I am glad to see you back." he whispered in my ear before putting me down and letting me go. 

When my feet were firmly on the ground I saw Ellie standing at the door way of the kitchen. "Favouritism much?" she chewed her gum so loud I could hear her. Her mouth chewing on it like a cow. 

"She is my daughter, Ellie and she has been gone." my dad replied, in a tone that showed frustration. I was happy to see him sticking up for me. 

"I'm your daughter too." she growled, pointing to herself. 

My dad began to walk up to her, his hands were slowly turning into fists. "Only when it suits you, Ellie. Only when my money is needed. Just like your mother." 

I slapped my mouth with shock. My dad was sticking up for not only me but himself and clearly he was just as sick of their shit as I was. 

Julia decided to walk in at the moment and saw that Ellie looked upset  and angry. "What's wrong here?"

"He just insulted both of us, mum." Ellie replied anger was clear in her tone of voice. Julia looked at my dad with a raised eyebrow and her hand was placed firmly on her hip.

"Excuse me?"  She directing it at my dad rather than Ellie.

My dad stood up straight. "Your daughter is being self-ish and only seemed to want me when it suits her which is when she needs money. You seem to be doing a lot of that recently too." 

"Since when have I done that?" Julia gasped and at this point Ellie had gone to another room. IT was obvious that she wasn't getting any more attention so she got bored. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I added my input into the conversation.

"Excuse me?" She asked once more in shock.

"You go to these 'meetings' but really you go and spend money. Surely you don't have that many meetings every week. I know your game." I replied, pointing at her as I stood next to my dad.

She certainly didn't expect me to say that. It was about time I confessed. I may not have said anything about it but when she isn't home, most of the time she is finding a way to spend my dad's money some how. She has her own money but chooses to spend my dad's. I see the bills and such, I see her out when I am out. I've never said anything because I didn't want to upset my dad but clearly he knew too.

"So it is true!" My dad gasped, looking at Julia.

She was looking rather sheep-ish. "Look I do-"

"Save it!" My dad interupted her. "I don't want to hear your excuses. Just leave me alone." 

Julia was about to protest but instead she kept quiet and left the room. When she left I hugged my dad so tight that he probably couldn't breathe.

"I'm so proud of you dad for sticking up for yourself. It's about time." I said into his chest.

"Thank you, beetroot." He held out a credit card that I knew wasn't his. "Fancy going out to get some ice-cream?" He suggested, winking at me.

"Is that...?" I was going to say Julia's credit card but he nodded. "How did you get it?" 

"She's not the only one who can be secretive. Now let's go." He replied with a chuckle.

I didn't think I could be any more proud of my dad after sticking up for himself but I was wrong.

--------------

Vote, comment and fan you cuties :3 xxxx