Chapter 21 - Keith?!

- John-Joe (JJ) -

I went to the door and was tempted to grab something to use as a weapon, but decided against it because of CCTV. The last thing I wanted was to be arrested half naked.

I opened the door slightly to see who it was. I was not happy when I saw who it was and kind of wished I didn't open the door in the first place. "Hello, Keith." I greeted, purposely getting his name wrong.

"Keith?! That's nothing like my name and you know it!" Travis ranted, pointing at me with anger. 

"Whatever. What do you want, Travis?" I sighed, rolling my eyes. He just had to show up and disturb me and Valentine. 

"I just wanted to see how Miss Redd was this morning." he replied, looking me up and down wondering what was up with my outfit. 

"Like what you see or something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "And yeah she is fine, thanks. Bye now." I tried to shut the door but he stopped it with his foot. Damn him.

"Not so fast. I also wanted to see if you both wanted to go out for a drink later. My shift finishes at two so we could go have a drink some time after, if you want?" Travis suggested, smiling. I was instantly on my guard because we didn't exactly get on yesterday when we first met so why would he want to go for a drink? I was suspicious. 

"Why? We only met yesterday and you don't even like me." I asked, raising an eyebrow as I opened the door wider. 

"I never said I don't like you, which is why I want to have a drink with you and get to know you both." Travis explained, his arms hung by his sides. 

I sighed, "Well, in that cas-"

"Who is it?" Valentine asked, walking upto us wearing a pair of black leggings and a white Aerosmith t-shirt. 

"Hello, Miss Redd." Travis greeted, a big smile was on his face. 

"Hello, Travis. Please, come in." Valentine said, gesturing with her hand for him to come inside the room.

"Don't mind if I do." he replied, stepping inside. 

I rolled my eyes and shut the door when he was inside. "Why didn't you invite him in before, JJ?" Valentine asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I thought it would be a quick conversation." I replied. I looked at Travis. "Don't you have somewhere to be? You know... Your job?" 

"Nope, I'm on my break." Travis replied, smirking. He was loving it. 

We all sat down on the floor to talk which was weird consdiering there was a sofa but I doubt we would all fit on it. I was sat next to Valentine with my arms around her waist and Travis was in front of us. 

"So, is everything okay, Travis?" Valentine asked.

He smield, "Of course. I was just asking...  JJ is it?" I nodded and let him continue. "If you both would like to go out for a drink at say four o'clock?" 

Valentine's face lit up unfortunately. "That sounds great!" Valentine replied enthusiastically."I would love to go for a drink with you later." 

They both looked at me and it felt like I was in the spotlight. "Yeah, sure. I'd be happy to start fresh and go for a drink with you." I sighed. He genuinely seemed like a nice guy that just happened to think Valentine is gorgeous, but I guess that's one thing we have in common and I guess that doesn't mean we can't be pals. 

"Great! We'll meet downstairs in the reception." Travis stated standing up. "I'd best be going, my break is about to end now." 

We walked him to the door and said oodbye before shutting the door and locking it. "He seems nice." Valentine concluded before walking off with a smile on her face. 

I frowned, "Yeah, but not as nice as me." 

-------

Vote, comment and fan! :D 

Do you have that kind of boyfriend? :P haha. Feel free to tell me about it in the comments! hehe ~