Chapter 7 - bad girl vibe

Valentine

I parked the car close to the entrance of Sparks before going inside. I got several looks from people passing by and I didn't give a single shit. I didn't look like them and they didn't like that but I wasn't going to change myself for other people. 

As I got closer to Costa Coffee and I didn't see JJ and I sighed. I preferred to be the one to be 'fashionably late' because I didn't like the idea of being early and having to wait for someone. But I had to wait for JJ this time, so I stood outside waiting for him. I looked around and saw every looking at me like I was strange for loitering outside of a coffee shop alone. But I just gave them all dirty looks and continued waiting patiently. I looked at my phone for the time and I noticed that it was 10:00am. I looked around once more, He should be here by now. 

I don't have much patience when it comes to waiting and I did give it a good go but after a few more minutes of waiting, I was ready to leave and accept that he wasn't coming. I had adjusted my bag strap and turned around when I heard somebody ask what time it was to someone. I was curious and recognised that voice, I looked around and saw JJ. I sighed with relief, Finally he was here.

It was like a cliche romantic moment when the girl looks up in slow motion and sees her date magically appear. But this was not a romantic moment and JJ was not my date. Plus, there was no slow motion shit either. 

"Yo, JJ?" I called, waving my hand.

He looked around and eventually spotted me. A happy expression appeared on his face as he came over to me with his hands in his baggy jeans pockets. He was wearing dark blue, baggy jeans and a plain, black t-shirt. He wore a few beaded and rubber bracelets on both of his wrists and he wore black converse on his feet like me. Plus, I could smell his delicious cologne as he walked towards me - he smelt and looked good!

"Hey Vee." he greeted, his husky voice was utterly devine.

"Hello, JJ." I replied, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He looked at my hand and raised an eyebrow. "A handshake? What is this a business meeting?" He asked with a laugh.

I shook my head and smiled. "I am just a hand shake kind of gal, I guess." I replied with a shrug, placing my hand by my side.

He smiled and chuckled, "Riiight."

I rolled my eyes at him and I saw him smirk. "We getting a coffee or what?" I asked bluntly.

He nodded, "Sure."

We walked into Costa Coffee and got in the queue. I knew what I was having already - A peach iced tea. It tasted great and was cold which was perfect on a warm day. JJ ordered a peach iced tea too and I raised an eyebrow at him as the staff prepared our drinks. 

He looked at me then looked away before looking back at me. "What?" He asked, puzzled.

"You like peach iced tea?" I replied, folding my arm on my chest. 

"Yes. I know it's not very manly but I love it." he replied, scratching his hea with embarrassment. 

"I'm not bothered if it's not manly as you put it. I was just surprised, plus, I am having the same so we are like twins." I said with a smile. 

JJ chuckled as a member of staff gave us our drinks. We took them and two straws before sitting in a quiet corner of the place. Costa coffee was decorated in earthy colours and had pictures on teh walls of coffee pots and such. It wasn't really my taste but then again I didn't own Costa and they didn't design it for me.